Overclock.net banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Non Coffee-Lake board overclock results wanted

can you overclock a 9700k or 9700f with a b360 motherboard or do you need a z390 board?
As it turns out I am running my 9700K on an Asus Z270 Apex IX board and overclocking this processor is doable though a little tricky.
So was going to ask the 9700K overclock community if they are also running or overclocking anything similar and wouldn't mind sharing
their results? Can't be sure if 100% stable.

For example I have these settings more or less:

Ratio set at Auto
XMP turned on matching my Ram frequency
Got adaptive vcore turned on: +1.285
VCCIO and VCCSA: 1.18 + 1.20 respectively

Loadline: Don't remember - will update here later.

This gets me a range of 800mhz to 4900mhz depending on load
Prime95 sets the cpu at 4600mhz.

Ram frequency was set to 3700 mhz.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Massive vdroop 0.12v with Small FFT

This thread seems dead, but I'll try here anyway ..

What is the expected level of vDroop for Small FFT?
I'm running LLC 5 which appears to be about 0.91mOhms.
Currently running "Adaptive" voltage with 1.37v override. I've set the DC Loadline to 0.01 so it reads actual voltage requested by the CPU.

This means I need 1.37v to get to get small FFT stable at 5.0Ghz because of the watts it sucks.
It droops to 1.25v under small FFT load! See the screenshot.

What are other peoples experience? Is this usual?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I am currently running LLC at 3 at 5G with 1.26v ram at 3800 with zero issues on an Asus Prime Z390. Very little drop and this 9700K can run up to 5400.
Gecko isn't it dicey to run at 1.430V Vcore? Have you tried cranking up your uncore? A 4.3Ghz. uncore sounds a little low for a 5.4Ghz. core overclock.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am on liquid in one of my torture racks so thermals are not an issue, just finding the limit. I run 5G 24/7 at 1.26 sitting in the high 20s low 30s room is 67.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My OC:

• ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac
  • i7-9700K OC @ 5.0 GHz all cores (1.387v max 65c @ load 33-35c idle)
  • Corsair H60 liquid cooler
  • AVX offset *I'm at work and will get a screenshot of my bios settings when I get home
  • Manual 1.375
  • VCCIO and VCCSA voltages (which seem to effect CPU temps) *Will get this info when I get home
  • CPUZ voltage reading 1.387v - Observed CPU Voltage from HWInfo64 (VR Vout or VCore if no VR Vout) when stress testing *I will get this when I get home
  • What stress test you did - Passmark Test (I will do UserBenchmark and some other tests when I get home but I have been pushing many heavy games through this machine for over a week now)
  • Max core temperature during stress test - max I've seen is 65c @ load
  • Uncore/cache speed *
-ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac MOBO
-i7-9700K OC @ 5.0 GHz all cores (1.387v max 65c) w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooler
-Patriot Viper Gaming DDR4 3400 2x8 GB
-Sabrent Rocket 2TB gen4 PCIe4 nvme m.2 SSD
-Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini (10M 2560 cores) OC 2010MHz core and 15,600 MHz (effective) RAM (max 68c)
-Silverstone RVZ03B-ARGB SFF Case

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
This thread seems dead, but I'll try here anyway ..

What is the expected level of vDroop for Small FFT?
I'm running LLC 5 which appears to be about 0.91mOhms.
Currently running "Adaptive" voltage with 1.37v override. I've set the DC Loadline to 0.01 so it reads actual voltage requested by the CPU.

This means I need 1.37v to get to get small FFT stable at 5.0Ghz because of the watts it sucks.
It droops to 1.25v under small FFT load! See the screenshot.

What are other peoples experience? Is this usual?
ASUS uses die sense voltage on all Maximus xi boards compared to normal socket sense used by other brands. LLC5 will get the closest voltage setting as you defined in the BIOS. LLC6 and above will actually overvoltage under load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
I have worst 9700k ever but still try to overclock. My CPU is not stable @ 5 ghz even with 1.39 offset. I will try again with adaptive voltage but should i be worried because Vcore sometimes show 1.45 v.
My motherboard ia gigabyte z390 auros pro. Also what bios you think is the best for overclock?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Settiing oc?

my setup

i7 9700k
ttfrio aio 360mm
aorus master
8x2 gzkill 4266 mhz cl19
rtx2080 aorus xtreme

plissssssssss

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I have a 9700k on a Asrock z390 Taichi and have a had strange situation where increasing the voltage for VCCIO, VCCSA and Vcore seemed to result in less stability.

Are VCCIO and VCCSA voltages that have to be tuned to a specific value and more voltage isn't better? Are they inter-dependent so that one affects the other? Currently I have them both set at 1.170V. What kind of shocked me is that more Vcore didn't seem to help me -- all the way up to 1.41V.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have a 9700k on a Asrock z390 Taichi and have a had strange situation where increasing the voltage for VCCIO, VCCSA and Vcore seemed to result in less stability.

Are VCCIO and VCCSA voltages that have to be tuned to a specific value and more voltage isn't better? Are they inter-dependent so that one affects the other? Currently I have them both set at 1.170V. What kind of shocked me is that more Vcore didn't seem to help me -- all the way up to 1.41V.
Try to keep them as low as you can, if you are not on an extreme cooling system.

Below 4200 usually IO&SA only need around 1.25v. To my knowledge Taichi cannot easily go above 4133 so 1.25V may be the max you need.

·
Registered
611 Posts
From what I’ve learned is that the VCCSA (system agent voltage) and DMI voltage requirement is directly related to how “fast” your ram is.

For example, c16 at 4400mhz command rate 1, makes me need 1.29v SA, 1.22v DMI. The VCCIO voltage is related almost directly (but not entirely) to whatever your cpu cache frequency is at.

Having my ram at c14 3800mhz, command rate 1, also requires me to have my SA at 1.28-1.29, and dmi at 1.21875-1.225v.

Having my ram at c15 3900mhz, command rate 1, which is slower than the two configurations above, only requires my SA to be 1.26-1.275, and dmi at 1.21-1.22v

Just some observations that may help whoever reads this.

These observations were done on a asus Maximus hero xi wifi motherboard. LLC set to level 6, with AC and DC internal loadline set to 0.07 for both.

·
Facepalm
9,499 Posts
From what I’ve learned is that the VCCSA (system agent voltage) and DMI voltage requirement is directly related to how “fast” your ram is.

For example, c16 at 4400mhz command rate 1, makes me need 1.29v SA, 1.22v DMI. The VCCIO voltage is related almost directly (but not entirely) to whatever your cpu cache frequency is at.

Having my ram at c14 3800mhz, command rate 1, also requires me to have my SA at 1.28-1.29, and dmi at 1.21875-1.225v.

Having my ram at c15 3900mhz, command rate 1, which is slower than the two configurations above, only requires my SA to be 1.26-1.275, and dmi at 1.21-1.22v

These observations were done on a asus Maximus hero xi wifi motherboard. LLC set to level 6, with AC and DC internal loadline set to 0.07 for both.
There's almost no discussion about DMI voltage.
So at the default DMI voltage of 1.05v, none of your configurations will be stable?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Did you mean to write VCCIO for DMI?

·
Facepalm
9,499 Posts

Did you mean to write VCCIO for DMI?
Did that guy like...disappear? :/

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Did that guy like...disappear? :/
Sure does look that way. BTW, thx for all your information and help on overclocking Coffeelake CPU's. Now if you could only get Intel to come out w/a socketed successor to the 5775c, maybe with a faster and larger eDRAM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

I managed for one year to get a stable OC with my Z390 Aorus master at 5.2GHz and cache at 4.9GHz but with using svid and medium LLC. And the max Vcore I've read is 1.368V for 85°C and 163W in different bench I never realy watch for amp.

I'm not OC all the time, only when gaming and for that I use intel XTU profiles to OC only when I need (manualy or using app profile). Because most of the time i'm watching movies or browsing inetrnet and for that i set my powerplan to eco and it stay between 800 MHz and 1200 MHz.

But after reading this post https://www.overclock.net/forum/27998984-post1724.html
"DO NOT USE LOADLINE CALIBRATION WHEN USING AUTO VOLTAGES! KEEP IT AT STANDARD !"

So now I try to get the same OC using a different approach but can't find one that work.

What I have found thats work is using vcore normal, dvid +0.040V and llc high i'm stable but the temp are very high, I can't do a linpack at very high i reach 100°c in a second.
I've tried fixe voltage at 1.30V with LLC Turbo but as the voltage is fixed i can't go down even at 800MHz.

So from what I understand from the post I linked and for what I want to do is let evrything in auto and set value in IA AC/DC but I don't undersatnd what i should put to keep my Vcore around 1.35V. And also wich llc is safe to use.

I've tried different thing but I sometime end up up with 1.6 Vcore and more than 250W under load so i clearly don't understand what I'm doing wrong, and i've read so many forum that now i'm kinda lost.

·
Facepalm
9,499 Posts
Hello

I managed for one year to get a stable OC with my Z390 Aorus master at 5.2GHz and cache at 4.9GHz but with using svid and medium LLC. And the max Vcore I've read is 1.368V for 85°C and 163W in different bench I never realy watch for amp.

I'm not OC all the time, only when gaming and for that I use intel XTU profiles to OC only when I need (manualy or using app profile). Because most of the time i'm watching movies or browsing inetrnet and for that i set my powerplan to eco and it stay between 800 MHz and 1200 MHz.

But after reading this post https://www.overclock.net/forum/27998984-post1724.html
"DO NOT USE LOADLINE CALIBRATION WHEN USING AUTO VOLTAGES! KEEP IT AT STANDARD !"

So now I try to get the same OC using a different approach but can't find one that work.

What I have found thats work is using vcore normal, dvid +0.040V and llc high i'm stable but the temp are very high, I can't do a linpack at very high i reach 100°c in a second.
I've tried fixe voltage at 1.30V with LLC Turbo but as the voltage is fixed i can't go down even at 800MHz.

So from what I understand from the post I linked and for what I want to do is let evrything in auto and set value in IA AC/DC but I don't undersatnd what i should put to keep my Vcore around 1.35V. And also wich llc is safe to use.

I've tried different thing but I sometime end up up with 1.6 Vcore and more than 250W under load so i clearly don't understand what I'm doing wrong, and i've read so many forum that now i'm kinda lost.
There was a serious bug with overvoltage when switching from DVID mode to fixed vcore mode. This was fixed in F11e bios so you can use that one.
On auto vcore, you can use a stronger LLC *IF*AC Loadline is at a lower value (like between 1-40 in bios, or 0.01 to 0.4 mOhms in HWinfo64). What will be very bad is using a stronger LLC if AC Loadline is at a high value (like 100-160-->1.0 to 1.6 mOhms).

At stock settings, default value for ACLL is 100 to 130. The "CPU Internal AC/DC Load Line" presets are preset values for these, but setting them in "Internal VR Settings" overrides the presets, btw. So its important not to use a strong LLC if ACLL is at 1.0 mOhms or higher. You can use HWinfo64's CPU section (not sensors) to find the current AC Loadline value. E.g. 100=1 mohm, 130=1.3 mOhm, 1=0.01 mOhm (the bios value is divided by 100 for mOhms).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks I finally manage to get my OC back with a F11e modded bios (for a z390 Aorus Master) I didn't find this release in official anywere.

First i was wrong about ratio not downclocking in energy saving with DVID.

"You can use HWinfo64's CPU section (not sensors) to find the current AC Loadline value."
Thanks for this i couldn't find this info elsewhere.

Here is my settings for 5.2GHz CPU and 4.9GHz Uncore:
DVID +0.080V
CPUSA 1.25V
VCCIO 1.24V but thats what the MB set in Auto but lowest I can get stable manualy is 1.170V but 1.24 seems ok from what i've read evrywhere.
CPU Internal AC/DC Loadline Power Saving
CPU Vcore LLC High
All other settings is set on auto.

Let me know if i did someting wrong and thanks again for sharing your knoledge and advises.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I need some advise on my OC, My 9700K clocks quite poorly and can only do 4.8Ghz, I currently have IA AC loadline to 85 (IA DC to 160) to ensure that I dont BSOD on idle however I can see the my VRout can reach as high as 1.32v

121 - 140 of 173 Posts