Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just tried overclocking for the first time. So far it's been going easy, perhaps too easy? All I've changed was bclk to 170, multiplier to 20, vcore to 1.15 and dram to 1.6, everything else was left on auto. Now I'm at 3.4 ghz and I am thinking if I should set any other voltages or leave them all to auto and keep doing what I've been doing until it doesnt boot? I ran prime95 for 10 mins just to check the temps, and so far I dont go over 70 degrees with Xigmatek Dark knight. I have a D0 stepping btw. Here's link to ss while running prime95 http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3717/98386062.jpg

·
Registered
267 Posts
thats all you need to do. Just keep your QPI voltage close to your cpu voltage, keep you ram voltage below 1.65v your cpu voltage below 1.375v and dont let it get to hot and your all set.

as you start to rise the bclk alot your ram speeds will increase and might become unstable so i would sugest droping it down in speed to you reach yout max cpu speed then tinker with the ram.

If you update you bios (if you havent) then you will be able to unlock a 21x multiplyer by turning the turbo mode off which will help alot with your OC.

Keep pushing it and you should have no problem at all getting to 4GHz

Also fill out your specs in the user controle panel, makes it easyer for ppl to help then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts