Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mobo manual says that the fsb jumper has 3 pins, when 1 and 2 are shorted then the fsb is default and when 2 and 3 are shorted then the fsb is in 'test' mode. Does this mean i need to short no fsb pins to allow manual change of my cpu fsb?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Test mode is most likely your overclocking mode..

give it a shot and see if it allows you to adjust your FSB...

if it does look for something in your bios that states PCI/AGP lock
or something that reads 33/66/100 lock
and make sure they are locked then your all set to start overclocking

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist
Test mode is most likely your overclocking mode..

give it a shot and see if it allows you to adjust your FSB...

if it does look for something in your bios that states PCI/AGP lock
or something that reads 33/66/100 lock
and make sure they are locked then your all set to start overclocking

thanx

I managed to get my 3.0 to 3.45 (235MHZ fsb) yet when i put my fsb (originally at 200mhz) at 245MHZ my system wont start windows and at 250MHZ wont even POST. My mobo can go to 300MHZ fsb but i cant even get 245MHZ so really i cant put my watercooling to the test (wishing to get 3.8GHZ) so what do i do?

·
Banned
914 Posts
start savin' up you can either get

1.pc4000 to pc4400 ram

2.better cooling like a tower 112 or a xp-120 or water cooling

what are your load temps?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tt_shark
thanx

I managed to get my 3.0 to 3.45 (235MHZ fsb) yet when i put my fsb (originally at 200mhz) at 245MHZ my system wont start windows and at 250MHZ wont even POST. My mobo can go to 300MHZ fsb but i cant even get 245MHZ so really i cant put my watercooling to the test (wishing to get 3.8GHZ) so what do i do?
What do you ram timings and voltages look like now???

If you havent messed with them you might want to up the Ram voltage .1 or .2 and then relax the timings to 3 3 3 x if they're tighter than that now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If the system won't post with oc you think it should be capable of:

-check ram timing
-increase vcore
-cpu:ram = 5:4
-disable spectrum
-lock pci/agp freq

But most importantly...

Get a better mobo. No offense. But ASRock mobo are not known to be good oc

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatewaki

If the system won't post with oc you think it should be capable of:

-check ram timing
-increase vcore
-cpu:ram = 5:4
-disable spectrum
-lock pci/agp freq

But most importantly...

Get a better mobo. No offense. But ASRock mobo are not known to be good oc

I would advise against running a ram devider. If you benchmark the system at a lower clockspeed 1:1 ratio, and a higher clockspeed 5:4 ratio, you will notice that benchmarks will be around the same or lower for the second setup, running a devider also takes away memory bandwith. So unless you're trying to set a clockspeed recond, you're better off running your RAM/CPU in a 1:1 configuration for optimal performance.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I would advise against running a ram devider. If you benchmark the system at a lower clockspeed 1:1 ratio, and a higher clockspeed 5:4 ratio, you will notice that benchmarks will be around the same or lower for the second setup, running a devider also takes away memory bandwith. So unless you're trying to set a clockspeed recond, you're better off running your RAM/CPU in a 1:1 configuration for optimal performance.

Thanx, finally i now know the reason why my benchmark was so much lower the second time.
I do have my timings set at 5:4 yet how do i set it to 1:1, my ram timings are...i think they are 2.5-4-4-8 (thats the default timings, i havent changed em)
oh and btw i do have watercooling, cpu load with benchmark is 40 degrees celcius tops. Thats at 3.45GHZ. And i have DDR 400 (yet its running at only 187MHZ {with 407 cycles of latency} and i cant increase it.) Thats 1 gig of ram.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts