Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I own HP Mini 110-3135DX with Intel Atom N450, 1666 MHz (10 x 167)
I've been wondering if anyone has overclocked this processor? I find it to be extremely slow (either that or GPU , not sure) at web based games , and some older PC games. My friend's 700MHz laptop can provide smoother FPS than mine in some games (such as starcraft I , age of empires and similar) and that's what really bothers me!
Also another thing that bugs me is that windows recognizes this processor as 2 core for some reason , and I don't think that Atom N450 is a dual core! Correct me if i'm wrong.
With that said , I was hoping someone could guide me into overclocking that thing or atleast try to!
Or maybe my GPU is the problem , not the CPU?
Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You cannot typically overclock a netbook as there aren't options in the bios, unless you have something such as an HP Mini 311 with a hacked bios. The reason that windows is showing 2 cores is that the N450 has hyperthreading support which shows as a virtual 2nd core
wink.gif

You may want to try optimizing windows for running on your system, either using windows 7 and cutting out the processes or windows xp tiny edition, ect.

Also your mini has integrated intel graphics which aren't meant for gaming ect. - your netbook is made for web browsing, e-mail and basic computing functionality, nothing more.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You can try "setfsb" but most HP's aren't supported by it, even then with integrated graphics, ect. you aren't bound to see much of a performance increase, stick with gaming on your desktop or maybe using some SNES, Genesis, or Game Boy emulators

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Atom processors have very week GPU. I have Atom N270 netbook, it can't run warcraft 3 (which is 8 years old game) on high settings. I have to turn all graphics options down in order to make the game "playable". However, not all Intel graphics are that weak, the one used by sandy-bridge or clarkdale processors are far more powerful that atom graphics. Also, windows 7 may not be very good for these old games.

You should have bought Atom with Nvidia ion graphics if you want t do any causal gaming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts