Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i overclocked my 2.4ghz celeron to 3.0ghz, the thing is my cpu temp is arouind 55-60C, which isn't good as you can tell. The problem i have is that i can't adjust the vcore.

1) I don't think i know where it is.
2) Under 'PC Health Status' it tells me my system temp, volts being used for what etc etc, which i think might be where i adjust the vcore, but it's all grayed out.

Could someone please direct me to where i change the vcore, or turn it on.

Thanks in advance,

Sweeb.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ermm well just a normal heatsink and fan that came with the PC, and a fan to suck air out. i am going to purchase a new fan tomorrow so the temp isn't that worrying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i'll try find that in a shop in the UK

But can you help me out with the main problem about vcore

·
Banned
207 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357

get this one , it cools my celeron nicely

that one is nice, but i have this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-142&depa=1

it looks really cool cuz theres lights on it plus i always think that copper pulls heat better that the aluminum anywaz. it keeps my P4 3.0mhz OC to 3.7 mhz at a nice 94 F idle 127 with full load. cost a bit more but hey...just sugesting

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
In your BIOS. There should be an option. For cooling, I would recommend getting a tower cooler if you want to go for a max overclock. I had my Celeron (exact same as yours) running 3.4Ghz on stock intel cooling @34c load. I switched to the AeroCool Deep Impact 102 and got full load of 29c.. so just a recommendation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok well, the first thing i really need is fans and a new graphics card, i can overclock the cpu to about 3.4ghz once i have the fans, then once i have saved up more money then i'll invest into a new CPU.

You see i really need a new graphics card becuase is crap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts