Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to overclocking here so im interested if anyone could possibly help me out wot kind of overclocking should i be looking for
Im currently using intel extreme tuning and when i was running the stress test cpu, it went up to somewot like 95degress so is it safe?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Overclocking a laptop is in many cases unsuccessful. The cooling and power delivery are typically not adjustable, making overclocking difficult. You could quickly overwhelm the built in cooling solution or hit the limits of the battery and power delivery system. You are essentially trying to do something the machine wasn't designed to do. 95 degrees also seems quite warm to me.

With a desktop, cooling can be upgraded and there are parts designed with overclocking in mind. Typically, you don't have that same luxury with a laptop.

If you check back on this thread, someone else may be able to assist. Have you tried a Google search of your particular laptop model with Overclocking to see if there were any success stories out there?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Maximum safe operating temp for that processor is listed at 100°C. So, you are pretty close to that. Whether running that close to the limit is safe is up for you to decide. What you might be risking is shortening the life of the cpu. How real that risk is? I'm not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts