Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this chip has been with me for 3 years, still going strong!

So I'm going to list out the specs I have first:
Intel Core i5-7600k
2 x 8GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz
Gigabyte Z270X-UD3
ASUS GTX970
CM GX650 650W 80+ Bronze PSU
CM MasterLiquid ML240L
3 x be quiet Silent Wings 3 PWM fans running at 2000+ rpm when at load (2 inhale and 1 exhaust)

The moment I got this CPU I immediately OCed it to 4.8GHz @ 1.350V, which ran very well for these 3 years, constant under 80C temp.

And today I decided to bump this bad boy a bit, so I tuned it up, trying different settings, so far the furthest I've been is 5.0GHz @ 1.36V, uncore speed @ 4.4GHz, with average temps of 80C during AIDA64 stress test

Anymore than that, in both clock speed and voltage, it would cause different kinds of bugcheck codes or may even be unable to boot up.

Is this the best that this chip can do with the bits I have? If not, please kindly help me with any ways that I can achieve higher results!

(Yes, I have heard of the so-called silicone lottery, would this be the probable cause?)

Thanks for all your help!

Edit: Prime95 stress tests returns with rounding error.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,169 Posts
silicon lottery, silicone is for boobies.

if you need 1.35v for 4.8 then it's probably not a 5.0 chip.

what LLC are you using? unless your voltage is dipping significantly at load though it's likely not going to do you any good. If you can keep it cool you can shove 1.4v into it safely so long as you aren't using the most extreme LLC (but you should be using that anyway).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
silicon lottery, silicone is for boobies.

if you need 1.35v for 4.8 then it's probably not a 5.0 chip.

what LLC are you using? unless your voltage is dipping significantly at load though it's likely not going to do you any good. If you can keep it cool you can shove 1.4v into it safely so long as you aren't using the most extreme LLC (but you should be using that anyway).
I've gone back to previous settings of 4.8ghz and put the voltage down to 1.3v
Ran both AIDA64 and Prime95 for a while and they both run very very stable with average 70C and max 73C for both
LLC is set to Turbo (which is the highest available)
and the AIO was removed and repasted yesterday

Edit: clock speed increased to 5ghz @ 1.31v with no issues whatsoever. Cant run any prime95 test but AIDA64 shows promising results, averaging 75C or even lower temp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts