Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max overclocking limit for an MSI NXFX 5200 (Nvida GeForce FX 5200)? It's an AGP card which is running at stock speeds (2D Core Clock: 250MHz, 3D Core Clock: 250MHz, and the Memory Clock: 400MHz). I don't know how to find the temp.-is there software to find the temp? and what temp. range is safe?

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
You will have to experiment and test on your own. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that no 2 pieces of hardware are the same, not do they react to OC'ing the same. I would not recommend simply using someone else's numbers right off the bat - dangerous

There is a thread floating around here about a member that can't get his/her 7600GT to OC - sometimes it's just bad luck.

Just make sure that you do not allow the card to get too hot. Once you have an OC that is stable, monitor the temps for a few days to make sure that there are no anamolous problems.

Try Coolbits and use the "find optimal" setting, then go from there. When OC'ing manually, increase by 5Mhz at a time, and do the clock alone, then the Memory alone. Once you have the limits on each, drop it about 5Mhz on each and try it out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
FX5200 doen't have any temperature senso, so don't waste tiem finding it. Do as they'v esaid, trying every few MHz to see if it gives image corruption. As a reference point, my old MSI FX5200 TD128, passively cooled, reached speeds about 325/454.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts