Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the thread is with the highest rated overclocks is? I have been searching around, and I can't find it. Got mine in the mail today, and am overclocking it, but would like to see what everyone else is getting for a faster starting point. Right now I'm at 1010 MHz core clock, and 1200 memory clock stable at 75C after 5 min of full load

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I got 1035/1425 stable with 12.25v but I'm having a problem. After restarting, MSI Afterburner isn't loading any of the settings, instead when I try and load profile 1 it shows what i saved it as, but when i hit apply it goes to stock settings. Does anybody know why?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kye7 View Post
try 1.250 volts, than try it again

watch your temps though
Right now at 12.25v it's running at 51C which is pretty good I would think, my 8800 GT ran at about 70C under load. But I don't understand why afterburner keeps resetting to stock

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I did. But even after I manually set it, it just reset everything to stock when I loaded a profile that should have been saved as my overclock stuff

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zetswei View Post
So I got 1035/1425 stable with 12.25v but I'm having a problem. After restarting, MSI Afterburner isn't loading any of the settings, instead when I try and load profile 1 it shows what i saved it as, but when i hit apply it goes to stock settings. Does anybody know why?
You've got to disable CCC from starting with windows... CCC and Afterburner do not play nice with each other.

Type "msconfig" in your start menu search bar, go to "startup", and untick the Catalyst Control Center. Restart and you should be good to go.

My highest clocks I've achieved so far were 1070 / 1400 @ 1.35v. I need more voltage then that if I want to go higher (or cooler temps).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo_Punk_2.0 View Post
You've got to disable CCC from starting with windows... CCC and Afterburner do not play nice with each other.

Type "msconfig" in your start menu search bar, go to "startup", and untick the Catalyst Control Center. Restart and you should be good to go.

My highest clocks I've achieved so far were 1070 / 1400 @ 1.35v. I need more voltage then that if I want to go higher (or cooler temps).
Thanks for your post, I think I figured it out though. I still have the evga overclocking software installed, and it was messing things up. What temps are you getting at those clocks and stuff? I was worried about the ram temps since I can't really measure them

It appears I was wrong, it's still doing weird things..

EDIT 2: Seems that if I open MSI afterburner, apply changes, close it, and open it again it will go back to stock settings and now allow changes. However, if I open it a third time, it works. Againt hough, if I close and reopen, it goes back to stock settings and stays. Hmm..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts