Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... idk where to start...never ovrclocked in my life...but i want a little more juice outa it for garming purposes and sence i am spending my money on a anew video card i can't buy any other upgrades.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qman

ok... idk where to start...never ovrclocked in my life...but i want a little more juice outa it for garming purposes and sence i am spending my money on a anew video card i can't buy any other upgrades.

if your mother board supports it go for it....

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Welcome to the forum Qman. We really need some info on your hardware such as motherboard make and model number, memory speed, is it a manufactured or custom built computer. Get us this info and we can begin to help you. To get a good start on understanding how to overclock check out the Intel Overclocking Guide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allright, well i read that guide and understood it a little. I recognized alot of terms from my computer class.

Here are my specs:
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor - 1500 MHz (1.5 GHz)

400 MHz System Bus

512 MB 133 MHz SyncDRAM, 3 Total DIMM Slots Upgradeable to 1.5GB (SyncDRAM DIMM required)

Steady-state 235 watts

I those are the main variables in overclocking...

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

this is all i got http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00009492

Ok here is the bad news, you have a 1% chance of overclocking it, sorry. You can check the BIOS to see if you have any OC'ing options, but I doubt it. HP, Compaq, Dell, Gateway, Alienware, etc. lock their BIOS's overclocking options, they would rather you upgrade and buy a new PC. There are software overclocking program that will let you OC a little but they are not reliable. Programs like Clockgen and SoftFSB, you will have to check and see if your motherboard is supported by the software.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

Ok here is the bad news, you have a 99.9% chance of overclocking it, sorry

|

He meant you have a .1% chance of overclocking it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99.9 percent chance of overclocking it?...do you mean, of not being able to overclock. Well i'll check my BIOS

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

|

He meant you have a .1% chance of overclocking it.

ooops, You caught me. Thanks for catching that blob. I edited my original post.

Quote:

99.9 percent chance of overclocking it?...do you mean, of not being able to overclock. Well i'll check my BIOS

Sorry about that Qman. I meant you would not be able to Oc it unless you could get the software to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts