Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me aside from changing the voltage, are ther other ways to overclock my graphics card? aslo is my graphics card overclockable?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Download ATI tool. Find max core/max mem and take those numbers down about 10 mhz and hit set clock. Then run scan for artifacts. If there are no artifacts after about an hour or so, Your good to go. Changing the voltage isn't always the smart thing for video cards.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_4c

can anybody tell me aside from changing the voltage, are ther other ways to overclock my graphics card? aslo is my graphics card overclockable?

Yes, your card can be overclocked, but as you have the R430 core it probably won't go much higher than stock.
You don't really want to change the voltages, just raise the core and memory speeds via ATITool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool.. tnx a lot guys.. ive been OCing my system for quite a while but this is the 1st time im going to OC my video card.. newly purchased.. the whole time that i was overclocking, i was only using my integrated intel extreme video... if you could give me more tips for my graphics card, i would really appreciate it.. tnx guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh by the way.. if possible, i wont have to replace my graphics card cooling fan.. can the stock cooling fan handle overclocking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts