Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got bored today, and decided to finally see what this card can really do.. And so far the results are putting a big smile on my face

Just moved up the GPU clock 10 MHz at a time, checking stability/temps every time, max temp - 45ºC at full load, will update on how memory clocks go

I'm loving this, anyone know how trust worthy CCC custom clock testing is? Im going to let ati tool run a little while and make sure

·

13,023 Posts
That CCC test isn't a fair assesment to tell a good OC is stable. Use furmark or run a loop of 3dmark 06 or Vantage.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jelah

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT
View Post

That CCC test isn't a fair assesment to tell a good OC is stable. Use furmark or run a loop of 3dmark 06 or Vantage.

Yeah i had a feeling, i dont think it runs long enough to get a good assessment.

Ive got it at stock right now, im going to hold off a few days before i clock it again and do any more testing, i know its probably drawing a ton of power and the psu im using right now is a crappy thermaltake 430w so im going to wait untill i get my 750w in here just to be safe

If it does end up being 100% stable, could i try a modded bios to get unlocked clocks? Would it even be safe to push it any further? Im a bit of a scrub when it comes to ocing GPU's.

EDIT: Did some real testing last night, got to 750 core with no errors, dunno how much further its gonna go though because after oc'ing to max and testing with ati tools, got some errors, still very happy with this card, i think it can maybe do a little more than 750 but we will see.

·

13,023 Posts
You'll be very lucky to get 725 core and maxxed out CCC memory.

I think you'll see your limits before CCC is maxxed out. Goodluck man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts