Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Because I can't upgrade my graphic card in my laptop, I need to boost up some memory.. If possible.
I have Memory 182Mhz & Engine 258Mhz. I dont know what this is other than my laptop's graphic card is 16mb radeon 7500.
what does Memory and Engine has to do with 16MB?
I have a software but What is the Maximum you can increase?
Also, is there any upgradeable laptop graphic cards? because ive heard that there is not.
Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well... your best bet is ATItool... but since its only 16mb.. you don't have much headroom for games... sorry... but good luck ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey there!

There are upgradable graphics card on laptops, but they came out just last year and only on the high end models of boutique machines (meaning, Alienware and Voddoo... which as we know are quite expensive). It would be really cool if one day we could upgrade laptop's video one day in the future *has a nice little dream*

So basically you're stuck with it. Some people don't recommend overclocking a laptop's video card, because of the heat; since the machine has very limited space the heat could more easily damage not only itself but other components in the mobo.

Of course, there are some of us that don't listen to reason, myself included hehehe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Man,.. I really appreciate that..

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerFry
Hey there!

There are upgradable graphics card on laptops, but they came out just last year and only on the high end models of boutique machines (meaning, Alienware and Voddoo... which as we know are quite expensive). It would be really cool if one day we could upgrade laptop's video one day in the future *has a nice little dream*

So basically you're stuck with it. Some people don't recommend overclocking a laptop's video card, because of the heat; since the machine has very limited space the heat could more easily damage not only itself but other components in the mobo.

Of course, there are some of us that don't listen to reason, myself included hehehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts