Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps!
I wanna overclock my crappy laptop, any ideas?

Asus k52jr

CPU: Intel core i5
GPU: Ati mobility radeon hd 5470

i mainly want the gpu clocked, so i can play bfbc2 n mw2 more smoothly.

thanks for yo helps : )

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
MSI AfterBurner.

Gotta enable unofficial overclocking so it doesn't reset to the original values.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
That 5470 is the problem. You might be able to enable ATi Overdrive from within the catalyst control panel and adjust the clocks.

However as you have a laptop, heat is going to be a very big problem and that card is not exactly powerful anyway so I reckon overclocking it will see no gains.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
That 5470 is the problem. You might be able to enable ATi Overdrive from within the catalyst control panel and adjust the clocks.

However as you have a laptop, heat is going to be a very big problem and that card is not exactly powerful anyway so I reckon overclocking it will see no gains.
ATi OverDrive is not available in Catalyst.

You'll have to AB it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
erm.. sry guys im a bit of a noob at tweaking n stuff.. wats ab -_____- i tried overdrive but it won't start up. I think the problem is the intel and the ati clashing problem or something. as well!! i think its the laptop bios that wont let me overclock. i went into the bios and didnt see anthing that i could use to overclock anything with : (

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin View Post
don't do it just don't laptop are extremely not good at all way around chuk norris awesomeness at overclocking.
I don't understand a single thing in this sentence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muteki_Ben View Post
erm.. sry guys im a bit of a noob at tweaking n stuff.. wats ab -_____- i tried overdrive but it won't start up. I think the problem is the intel and the ati clashing problem or something. as well!! i think its the laptop bios that wont let me overclock. i went into the bios and didnt see anthing that i could use to overclock anything with : (
AB is short form for AfterBurner, that OC'ing utility I told you to use.

And no, there is no OverDrive menu in the Catalyst control center.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tryed using afterburn. on the screen it wont let me bring up the Mhz for both core and memory. any hints?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i opened afterburn but it wont let me increase the clocks -_____- i raise it by 10 Mhz but when i click apply i just drops back down to 750. wats the problem? i see on the other side the hardware monitor at the top the the core clock it had min:750 and max:750. wat can i do to change it?

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
You have to look at the guide I just linked you.

Enable unofficial overclocking.

Are you even reading what I type?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just started the afterburn, but theres a problem -___- like always. when i try to raise the core clock it wont let me. i raise it by 10 Mhz but when i click apply is drops back down to 750 from 760. i see on the hardware monitor that just above the core clock it has min:750 and max:750. anyone know the problem behind this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went on the guild. i looked into C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSI Afterburner and MSIAfterburner.cfg, but when i open it there no such thing as EnableUnofficialOverclocking= 0 there

·
Registered
890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
I don't understand a single thing in this sentence.

AB is short form for AfterBurner, that OC'ing utility I told you to use.

And no, there is no OverDrive menu in the Catalyst control center.

I agree, I didn't understand a single thing that guy said. However, I disagree as ATI OD is available for me in CCC. But I have a 5770 so I don't know if that makes a difference or not...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts