Overclock.net banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,941 Posts
If you fail linpack testing I doubt you're stable. If you are thinking that IBT will break something then your CPU is way too hot. my q6600 is clocked at 3.4 with 26-7c idle ( idles don't mean anything ) and around 58-60c load..I ran 25 runs with ibt and was stable. Ran prime95 blend and failed.. that was my mem being unstable. clocked down mem and now i'm 100% stable.

Reseat your heatsink, reapply your thermal compound properly..usually a line across the cpu will do the trick.

I'm guessing your VID is lower than mine by the vcore you're using for 3.6

· Registered
60 Posts
I agree... Prime95 is better. You should see temps around 30C to 60C, especially when overclocking. just be careful... don't be too anxious to go big... always little steps when overclocking for the first time.

· Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoki318
View Post

Re-seat the HSF. I LOAD FULL 100% at about 48C or so. Those temps are too high. Maybe even change or add some fans???

But your only @ 2.8GHz. I get the same temps as you @ 3Ghz

· Registered
1,255 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh
View Post

But your only @ 2.8GHz. I get the same temps as you @ 3Ghz

but I also know that my OC is stable and I am nowhere close to the max temp. All I'm saying is it will cost you nothing to reseat the HSF. Only take a few minutes and who knows you could drop 10-15 degrees. Never hurts to be safe.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.