Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I was able to set ratio to 19.5 x 200 and 244 x 16 to get 3.9 without any real effort at all on my amd 955 B.E.

Which is from what I've seen... average.. maybe a little better for a 24/7 OC

temps stayed at the absolute highest 50 while in prime95.. however, there are a lot of options under dram timing mode which claim to help "stabilize an overclock" but, I can't find any walkthroughs to what I should tweak.

What is clock drive strength? CKE drive strengh? a lot of options.. no real explaination on google.

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Thats pretty good. I wouldnt do that 24/7 if i were you because of so much power draw, but if you used 1.4v and went to around 3.7ghz, you would have a nice OC and wouldnt be too hot or use much power

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest i want a stable 24/7 oc at 4 ghz, I do not plan on actually using the oc 24/7...

Infact I would probably leave "cool'n'quiet activated unless I had need for a serious gaming session.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dude the voltage settings in the BIOS are weird on the MSI 890 GXM. They all say AUTO but when you go to change them.. like if I press "+" to increase it, it goes to like 1.442v already? Stock is 1.4v.

btw I got to 3.8 GHz at stock voltages on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts