Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It's pretty much my first time overclocking and it is with gtx 570 TF3.

I'm just wondering if these values are fine (from afterburner):

Voltage - 1.1v (+112 mV on voltage)
Core Clock: 930
Shader: 1860
Memory: 2100

Fan speed - idle: 46, load (Crysis 2 for 2hrs): 60.
Temp - idle: 49, load: 65

I am using the cooler master enforcer with 2 x 20 cm fans, 1 x rear 15 cm fan and the TF3 cooling fans on the gpu.

What do you guys think? thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opo;15327735
Okay great!

Do you guys recommend pushing it further?
You could try, but IMO you will see diminishing returns at that point. 930Mhz core is a great overclock. On air cooling, I doubt you will get much further anyway. Just make sure you can play every game and benchmark completely stable.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opo;15326954
Hey guys,

It's pretty much my first time overclocking and it is with gtx 570 TF3.

I'm just wondering if these values are fine (from afterburner):

Voltage - 1.1v (+112 mV on voltage)
Core Clock: 930
Shader: 1860
Memory: 2100

Fan speed - idle: 46, load (Crysis 2 for 2hrs): 60.
Temp - idle: 49, load: 65

I am using the cooler master enforcer with 2 x 20 cm fans, 1 x rear 15 cm fan and the TF3 cooling fans on the gpu.

What do you guys think? thanks!
Hey, I just overclocked my card to roughly the same specs. just wondering, what do you mean by (+112mV on voltage) im still learning and don't want to fry my card already at 1.1v lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krown;15327888
Hey, I just overclocked my card to roughly the same specs. just wondering, what do you mean by (+112mV on voltage) im still learning and don't want to fry my card already at 1.1v lol
It means he added .112v to get to 1.1v. His default voltage was .988v. It's not the same for all 570s. One of mine has .975v and the other is 1.0v.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay this is not very good as i assumed my card has 0.988v at base. Is there a way to check what the default voltage is? It isn't shown on afterburner.

Also just then - i had Mass Effect 2 running in the background, minimised. I turned off my monitor and walked away - came back and found that the computer restarted itself. Checked the log and it said it encountered a blue screen? Could it be the OC?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opo;15328117
Okay this is not very good as i assumed my card has 0.988v at base. Is there a way to check what the default voltage is? It isn't shown on afterburner.

Also just then - i had Mass Effect 2 running in the background, minimised. I turned off my monitor and walked away - came back and found that the computer restarted itself. Checked the log and it said it encountered a blue screen? Could it be the OC?
I believe GPU-Z tells you what the stock voltage is.

You could defintely have crashed due to unstable overclock. That is why you should always test for stability extensively before getting too excited and saving your OC settings. Try your overclock in the games you play, along with 3DMark 11 and Heaven 2.5 benchmark. Crysis and Metro 2033 are also great stability testers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay thanks.

I will try running 3DMark 11 and Heaven 2.5 benchmark. If they pass both tests - at the same temperatures - would you say it is stable?

I have been playing crysis 2 for 1 hr with no crashes or artifacts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive used WhoCrashed and found the error:

On Sun 16/10/2011 8:42:43 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101611-13868-01.dmp
uptime: 03:46:21
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x40, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800F6052E5)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts