Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so am a total n00b to overclocking. Can anyone help me on how to overclock on opteron?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Best thing to do is read the overclocking guides....we can give information on what to change, but if you dont understand the terms, noone gets anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Out of curiosity, why would an overclocking n00b get an opteron?

(please take time to fill out your system specs in the User CP)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well in N00b I mean, I know absolutly nothing about overclocking. I've decide to learn about overclocking then do it. Also another question you know that Isopropyl Alcohol, instead of using that could I use nail varnish remover to clean the cpu?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Hmmm, never thought about using anything other than alcohol or special thermal paste removers.

Check for water content, even rubbing alcohol has a % of water in it, you want it to be as low as possible. Otherwise, I dont think there is a problem with nail polish remover.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. do not use nail polish remover or paint thinner, alcohol should be enough to remove or clean ur cpu. fill out ur specs so we can help u better. and read the manual and get familiar with FSB,HTT,CPU SPEED RATIO.VDIMM, DRAM,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts