Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...so in my BIOs..it won't let me go any higher in Mhz to change the speed of the CPU. The range it gives me is 200-255. So is there a way to fix this or what?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Not likely.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Modded/new bios?

·
Old school
14,400 Posts
Ehm, you mean 200 - 255FSB? With what multiplier? If it's x10 u could be getting 2.5Ghz which u don't have yet.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

Ehm, you mean 200 - 255FSB? With what multiplier? If it's x10 u could be getting 2.5Ghz which u don't have yet.

multiplier is 9. How do I change it to 10?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05

Modded/new bios?

no
I built this computer and its the same Bios that it came with...

·
Old school
14,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by squwish

multiplier is 9. How so i change it to 10?

Ok well if it's x9 I'm sorry, Semprons don't have unlocked multi's and you are stuck at that speed then.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
All 939 series and AM2 are 1/2 locked with the exception of the FX series.
1/2 locked being the can only be reduced from there default multiplyer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
While its true all AMD CPUs (except those noted) have half locked multipliers, it is not true that all may be subject to the CPU Reference Clock limits you noted (200 - 255) and they do not all have a CPU Multiplier of 9. The Sempron you linked is 2.0GHz which means its CPU Multiplier is 10 (200 x 10 = 2000), even of your board is responsible for the limit on changing the CPU Reference Clock to 200 - 255, this would get you to 2550MHz rather than the 2295 you are limited to now. However, some boards have different limits for different CPUs. Maybe yours does, maybe it doesn't. But if you want more speed, with your current board, about the only way you are going to achieve it is to get a faster chip. That may also allow you higher CPU Reference Clocks as well, but there is no guaranty of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts