Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this at extremoverclocking and it didnt seem to get answered:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just installed my zalman on my x800xtaiw and i have it set to 530/534 with a temp of 34c and i know i can go higher only problem is when i set it to 540/540 and do a artifact scan my monitor will go blank after about 5-10 mins then when i set it to 550/560 my picture got all mest up. So does anyone got any tips i'm fairly positive it isnt the temp

Update:I set it to 540/545 and it was running good still about 34c idle then i played BF2 and it let me play for about 2-3 mins on 540/545 then vpu recovery reset it back to 500/500 the temp was 55c at the time this happened so theres no way its the temp unless ati tool is reading it wrong(which i doubt)

Update 2:I dont know how long before someone answers this but just incase someone does heres a little update i set it on 540/590 and ran cs:s with a noticable increase in fps(normalley get about 40-70 fps on everything maxed out, with the new speed i was getting 60-100 fps and it never whent below 40) but after one round of playing it froze and i had to restart my computer, my temps were only 56c at the time

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it running at 520/560 and it runs great on cs:s everything on high, 6x aa, 16 af, on 1280/960 resolution avg. 100fps rarley goes below 95, the temp on the card gets to about 57c at the most. I think im gonna just leave it at that speed for a while.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That is probly just the max stable OC your card can achieve. Temp is important but isnt everything, you may need a vmod to get a stable OC above 520/560

·
Registered
866 Posts
Try to maximaze your ATITool fan to 100%, that should get you to lower GPU temp.

·
Registered
300 Posts
maybe your core can't take it, or maybe there is not enough voltage.

i'd try overclocking the memory as much as posible and leaving the core at its most stable setting (which seems to be 530).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts