Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of clocking a little on a my Q8400, at the moment i'm at 3.6Ghz (450x8) with a Core Voltage of 1.400 V under load. No errors after 17 hours of Prime95 @ Blend.

System is running cold and max under load is 56C and cooled by a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 in a CM 840 ATCS.

Tried for 3.7Ghz @ 1.4 V but 2 of the cores failed right around the 10 hour mark. Should raise the voltage even more and see how far it will go?

What are safe V-core, PLL and FSB voltages? and what temps should i keep an eye on?

Thnx

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,010 Posts
Must be nice having low ambients.1.4 volts and 56 full load?on air.Dude put a jacket on..lol

Honestly though for 24-7 I wouldn't suggest anything more than 1.4,but hey if it's that cold then why not.If you can go 10 hours then give it another bump that should stabilize it.

Anything over 1.4 really isn't considered safe according to intel.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by djsi38t View Post
Must be nice having low ambients.1.4 volts and 56 full load?on air.Dude put a jacket on..lol

Honestly though for 24-7 I wouldn't suggest anything more than 1.4,but hey if it's that cold then why not.If you can go 10 hours then give it another bump that should stabilize it.

Anything over 1.4 really isn't considered safe according to intel.
Dude we must have some benefits of living in the cold Norway. JK, Temps here are fine, room temp is 24C.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonight's testing, maxed at 68C due to hot room, forgot to open the window over the night so having 2 computers running at 100% load caused the room to reach 29C, normal room temp is 24C and load then is right over 60C

Tried at 3.7 But failed after almost 2 hours, think i will play some more with the voltage just for the fun of it, but will keep it at 3.6Ghz 24/7.
LL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts