Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just installed installed a Q9400 into my DFI Lanparty DK P35 T2RS mobo, and added a Xigmatek HDT cooler (with MX-2 thermal compound).

I can get to 3.2GHz no problem with ridiculously low temps and not much voltage.

But my goal is 3.6GHz.

So I jumped right to 450FSB (I know, I shouldn't do that). And then slowly increased the voltage. Now I am up to 1.312V for the core volatage (I am using a 333/667 ratio for the memory to keep it at 900MHz at 2.0V).

Is 1.312V too high? Intel says it can go up to 1.3625V, but this still seems high. Should I be adjusting other voltages?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Thanks guys. My temps under load is high 30s low 40s. And no, my room is not cold. It is actually quite warm.

But cores 2 and 3 never seem to move. I adjusted RealTemp so the TJ Max is 100, but it just seems wierd that they never change. Did I not spread the themral compound enough or something?

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prong
View Post

Not sure but sensor Core 2 seems to be stuck.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It shouldn't have anything to do with how evenly the themral compound was spread, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.