Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i am new in here ;]. Well i started enjoying overclocking after i bougt my athlon 2500xp barton AND then i said" i won't overclock it' 1,8 ghz is enough for me, but after a week, i overclocked it
... Hehe, now i i have 3200 xp.. But i didn't stop on that. And now i come to this part of overclocking, i WANNA boost up my granny, my old radeon 9000(128 mb, 128 bit, 250 core, 200 memo)... Well i tried to check max core, i used ati tool , and managed to boost it up to 310, but after then it could go on because of errors and artifacts (artifacts ar not visible), so i thought **** it, i need better cooling, well and today i bought "cooler master cool viva vga cooler", but i didn't attached it yet, i'll do it on saturday or sunday, but i am writting here to ask what should i expect from it?

p.s anyway i will use this cooler on the following cards, and hello to everyone

·
Registered
386 Posts
please give full pc specs.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrtaas
Hello guys, i am new in here ;]. Well i started enjoying overclocking after i bougt my athlon 2500xp barton AND then i said" i won't overclock it' 1,8 ghz is enough for me, but after a week, i overclocked it
... Hehe, now i i have 3200 xp.. But i didn't stop on that. And now i come to this part of overclocking, i WANNA boost up my granny, my old radeon 9000(128 mb, 128 bit, 250 core, 200 memo)... Well i tried to check max core, i used ati tool , and managed to boost it up to 310, but after then it could go on because of errors and artifacts (artifacts ar not visible), so i thought **** it, i need better cooling, well and today i bought "cooler master cool viva vga cooler", but i didn't attached it yet, i'll do it on saturday or sunday, but i am writting here to ask what should i expect from it?

p.s anyway i will use this cooler on the following cards, and hello to everyone

Welcome to the forums bro, as far as the cool master viva vga cooler i hope your gonna have enough room in your computer for it to fit thats gonna take up a pci slot, but i would say "ambient depending" that your temps should drop anywhere from 3-10 give or take with that vga cooler

Make sure to post back with results when you have hooked it up.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As far as what you should expect after installing the cooler, well you should be able to get a little more out of it, but I will not promise you. every card overclocks different. a cooler is going to help it, maybe not make it overclock more but will definitely make run more stable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeap, mate
, i think thats pritty cool with my ambient in my pc case
, i've mod it abit
, and now my proc temp is max 40c, and other are low then 30, the only hot ***** in my pc is my vga
)), well but that will change soon.. i hope..

·
Registered
386 Posts
i would reccomend you up you AGP voltage up threw the bios to 1.6 and then use RivaTuner and up your core to 330 and your mem to 230 and try that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep man, thnx, i will try your suggestions, but after i install this cooler, i forgot to say! that my old cooler on this vga is passive, and it is really hot.. REALLY
, and thnx for the suggestion about power it up, i'll surely try it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
wow lol dont do it yet lol, get a good cooler for it!

·
Registered
386 Posts
im still chuffed about my Radeon 9600 256mb Non-Pro ive got it fully stable at 450/250 froum 325/202!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneCPU
wow lol dont do it yet lol, get a good cooler for it!
Yep man, but wouldn't mine cool viva help me a bit with it? I wanted to say that i will raise the power after i put it on, then i'll test it fully, so will this cooler stand this out?

·
Registered
386 Posts
the cooler will allow a better overclock i think you should get to 330/230 or a bit more, but if you dont have the cooler you gonna get artifacts quick becuase of over heating.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

the cooler will allow a better overclock i think you should get to 330/230 or a bit more, but if you dont have the cooler you gonna get artifacts quick becuase of over heating.

ok, well i'll probably do this tomorrow so i think i'll be able to do some serious testings on sat or sunday, but i will post it all here, for you to know
, i hope i get a little profit of buying.. anyway 20 $, hmm my card costs abou 30$
hehe

·
Registered
386 Posts
lol, have fun squezzing the snot outa you card! be careful it very addictive, you dont want to smoke do ya!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

lol, have fun squezzing the snot outa you card! be careful it very addictive, you dont want to smoke do ya!

Hehe, i already saw that it is addicted
, why do you think i bought this cooler? But as far as i don't wanna burn it up, i try to hold my addiction
, but every time i run ati tool, i wanna boost it up to the max.. And i wanted to ask, whats the burning temp of vga proccesor? just curious..

·
Registered
386 Posts
i think its 80c, but dont let it get past 50!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

i think its 80c, but dont let it get past 50!

hehe
lol, when i was testing, its core, when there where ~300 mhz temp was much more then 50 because, when i put common termometer on it it raised to 42 very fast, and as it is elevtronic it show " high"
well, hope new cooler will make a change for it. Here is fotos of old one and new one coolers :

old one : http://img94.exs.cx/img94/8679/041014_234859.jpg ; http://img94.exs.cx/img94/1897/041014_235110.jpg

new one: http://img94.exs.cx/img94/3042/041014_235618.jpg ; http://img94.exs.cx/img94/4241/041014_235757.jpg ; http://img94.exs.cx/img94/9049/041014_235815.jpg

Sorry for the quality, photos were took by a mobile phone...

·
Registered
386 Posts
nice cooler, where you get it from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, guys, i've put it on, well but that's not the problem
. When i turn my pc, while windows are loading, it shows me artifacts, the same is on bios. Hmm, what could it be? Well about overclocking max core 320~ and max mem 247, how far should i raise them? should i raise the power .. ?

P.s i bought it at pc store, for 20~ $

1 - 19 of 19 Posts