Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guy i was wantin to know if it would be worth overclocking it play game ut 2004 and doom3?

is it a good idea to overclocking software post the links and what would doom about cooling?

and help with both question would eb great

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am new to overclocking and i want know do to do it and what the heat will do and i need some links to overclocking software like you said

·
Registered
398 Posts
go to like he said guru3d and download atitool for ati vcards and if you vcard has a temp on it it will be on the attool also ..download it and overclock a little at a time until you see artifacts (white dots) on the 3d screen and ajust memery a liitle at a time also ...p.s be careful also ....go slowly since its your first time ocing a vcard...btw which 9600 pro you have brand ..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will give it a go bit by bit

thanks i try and i will let you know

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi i need to know one more thing before i overclock would the stardadnd fan be ok onmy graphics card

·
Registered
398 Posts
you will have to be careful, as soon as you see artifacts back it down ,,now on my vcard i dont have a probe on it so as the same i back it down . no problems with stock fan .. now thats my vcard each card is diff.. so when koolnace send me my screws for the wawa block it will be on water .. i would suggest in getting a better fan for your vcard.. to be safe..now you can go a little bit i dont think it would hurt..just be Careful.....:shades2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks for that

·
Registered
639 Posts
ATI tool is def your best bet. It found the max of my 9600 pro whcih came out about 500 core and 1Ghz mem. Think i've got a high oc card though.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuthy

ATI tool is def your best bet. It found the max of my 9600 pro whcih came out about 500 core and 1Ghz mem. Think i've got a high oc card though.

what!??!? your kidding me, thats insane dude, what did u have cooling it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeh that is rather good, I thought I was doing ok overclocking my 128MB HIS Excalibur 9600pro to 450mhz core and 350mhz (700mhz effective) memory using a stock fan. Only thing is I dont have a GPU thermometer chip thingy on my card so I have to go by one thats near the card. Im upgrading my GFX card soon hopefully so doesn't matter too much if it burns but I hope not.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Hey guys....sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I did a serach and this is perfect. I have a Sapphire 9600 Pro 256MB. Why do I start getting artifacts when my Memory is at 250? And my core is at about 450? I thought I could do a little better...why does yours do so well and mine not?

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
How is that? They make cards differently? 9600 Pro A should = 9600 Pro B. Oh well...looks like I pulled the small straw on this one.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Just finished checking out the ATI tool...checked the MAX core and Mem. I got 50MhZ out of the Core and just over 15MhZ on the Mem! What is this? I got more overclocking out of my FX 5200!

·
Registered
402 Posts
ya do what they said go to guru3d dl ati tray tool and run the aotu oc until it finds a good oc if you want better temps then get a after market cooler to help keep the gpu cool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts