Overclock.net banner

overclocking Ram

938 Views 23 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  JOSE_EP45
i need help overclocking this ram or setting it up to work whit my 3.2ghz setup

im running a Q6600 Go Vcore 2.355


See less See more
2
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Set it on a 1:1 ratio in the bios, run the ram at the specs given. Which are probably around 2.1V?

At your current fsb which is equal to 355, your ram will run at 355x2 = 710.

To run the ram at 1066, set your ratio to 3/2 which will be 3/2 x 355 = 532.5. Your ram will be 533 x 2 = 1065.
I sincerely hope you meant with a 1.355 vcore. Otherwise:

On the ud3p you should be able to unlock your RAM multiplier in the BIOS. When you do this, at any given FSB, it should show you your respective RAM timing. Keep selecting different multipliers until you hit the desired RAM speed. Most likely you should run at a 400 fsb speed with an 8 times multiplier and then find the divider that will yield a 1066 Mhz speed.

Hope this is helpful.

-Grahamcrackuh
Quote:


Originally Posted by entropyttu
View Post

set it on a 1:1 ratio in the bios, run the ram at the specs given. Which are probably around 2.1v?

At your current fsb which is equal to 355, your ram will run at 355x2 = 710.

To run the ram at 1066, set your ratio to 3/2 which will be 3/2 x 355 = 532.5. Your ram will be 533 x 2 = 1065.

what?
See less See more
On the gigabyte boards when you select the RAM divider it displays the effective FSB for that setting. Just pick through them until you see the speed you want our of your RAM. My FSB is 445 and my divider is 5:6 giving me a DRAM frequency of 534 which x2 = 1068.
Quote:


Originally Posted by :JOSE EP45"

what?


What do you need cleared up?

See less See more
2
Quote:


Originally Posted by t_russell
View Post

On the gigabyte boards when you select the RAM divider it displays the effective FSB for that setting. Just pick through them until you see the speed you want our of your RAM. My FSB is 445 and my divider is 5:6 giving me a DRAM frequency of 534 which x2 = 1068.

but im getting blue screens every time i log in to windows and sometime on the web


i have 400x8

Ram/

X.M.P = Disabled
MCH FL = 200 0R 400Mhz
SPD = 2.66c

Everything else is NORMAL

idk but is slow and is logy


and is a 8Gb 1066mhz 8500
See less See more
3
The UD3P doesnt use dividers in the bios. For example, 1:1 is listed as 2.00 (then there is a letter after is denoting the NB strap.. A, B, C, and D). There is also 2.40 and 2.66 etc. Op, this means you need to just take the FSB and pick the SPD multiplier that will get your ram at 1066 or higher if you are trying to overclock.
Quote:


Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

The UD3P doesnt use dividers in the bios. For example, 1:1 is listed as 2.00 (then there is a letter after is denoting the NB strap.. A, B, C, and D). There is also 2.40 and 2.66 etc. Op, this means you need to just take the FSB and pick the SPD multiplier that will get your ram at 1066 or higher if you are trying to overclock.

Those are still dividers. 2 = 1:1, 4 = 2:1 all the other settings are the same. divide the setting number by 2 and multiply both sides by whatever you need to get whole numbers. this will give you the true divider.

2.4:2 = 1.2:1 = 5:6
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by t_russell
View Post

Those are still dividers. 2 = 1:1, 4 = 2:1 all the other settings are the same. divide the setting number by 2 and multiply both sides by whatever you need to get whole numbers. this will give you the true divider.

2.4:2 = 1.2:1 = 5:6

was 1:1 ? was all these # i don't see it on my mobo

im going to run Memtest86-3.5
See less See more
Quote:
was 1:1 ?
It is a ratio of the FSB speed, to the memory speed.

Refer to Ericoed's post, his is specific to your motherboard, and is probably easier to understand.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOSE_EP45 View Post
i need help overclocking this ram or setting it up to work whit my 3.2ghz setup

im running a Q6600 Go Vcore 2.355



Jose,

I just build a similar rig for my friend with Q6600 CPU and your mobo. He's running 8 Gig of OZ 1066 ram. If you have already OC your CPU to 3.2, you must have already set within the bios twicker to 8x for the multiplier and 400 bus speed...that's how you get the 3.2 ghz. If that's the case, set your RAM timing control to manual and make sure it's 5-5-5-15. you should see the ram speed in a grayed out number above the timing control showing 1066mhz. you are all set. I would also bump up the voltage on the CPU and RAM so they will run stable. Then do a Prime95 stress test on it for about 30 minutes.

One more suggestion, get rid of the stock cooler for the CPU, if you oc your cpu from 2.4 to 3.2, you need a good cooler.
See less See more
4
Quote:


Originally Posted by Green Machine
View Post

Jose,

I just build a similar rig for my friend with Q6600 CPU and your mobo. He's running 8 Gig of OZ 1066 ram. If you have already OC your CPU to 3.2, you must have already set within the bios twicker to 8x for the multiplier and 400 bus speed...that's how you get the 3.2 ghz. If that's the case, set your RAM timing control to manual and make sure it's 5-5-5-15. you should see the ram speed in a grayed out number above the timing control showing 1066mhz. you are all set. I would also bump up the voltage on the CPU and RAM so they will run stable. Then do a Prime95 stress test on it for about 30 minutes.

One more suggestion, get rid of the stock cooler for the CPU, if you oc your cpu from 2.4 to 3.2, you need a good cooler.


wow dude Thank You,



what do you think about this lol lmao


i just need a good 3.2ghz setting and im good to go
See less See more
4
Quote:


Originally Posted by t_russell
View Post

Those are still dividers. 2 = 1:1, 4 = 2:1 all the other settings are the same. divide the setting number by 2 and multiply both sides by whatever you need to get whole numbers. this will give you the true divider.

2.4:2 = 1.2:1 = 5:6

Yes of course I know they represent dividers. But to better explain it to the OP, it helps to put it in terms of the bios options. To tell someone 2.00 is a divider makes no sense. All it is is multiplying the FSB by 2.00, so there is no division involved.

The same can be said for the NVIDIA chipset. The bios does not use ram speed in terms of dividers, but we all know it still uses them.
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by Green Machine
View Post

Nice!


take a screen shot of your bios setting.

damn,,,,,,



See less See more
5
Extreme memory profile - Disabled
DRAM Termination - 1.05v
Channel A Reference - 1.05v
Channel B Reference - 1.05v
MCH/DRAM Reference - 1.05v

That should help you stabilize quite a bit, from there you can try working the clocks up.

Also check your Performance Level which is named something like Static tRead in your advanced timings. If it's at 7, set it to 8.
Quote:


Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
View Post

Extreme memory profile - Disabled
DRAM Termination - 1.05v
Channel A Reference - 1.05v
Channel B Reference - 1.05v
MCH/DRAM Reference - 1.05v

That should help you stabilize quite a bit, from there you can try working the clocks up.

Also check your Performance Level which is named something like Static tRead in your advanced timings. If it's at 7, set it to 8.

just addit these setting,

i had to go from 410*8 to 400*8

and now im getting 1066Mhz lol sweet

you think i can go higher
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by JOSE_EP45
View Post

just addit these setting,

i had to go from 410*8 to 400*8

and now im getting 1066Mhz lol sweet

you think i can go higher

Most likely, but 4 sticks is harder to overclock then 2. Try setting it 3mhz higher at a time and run memtest+ 2.11.
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
View Post

Most likely, but 4 sticks is harder to overclock then 2. Try setting it 3mhz higher at a time and run memtest+ 2.11.


how?

3mhz higher at a time <---
See less See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top