Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i over clocked my proccesor this past weekend I noticed something. No matter what i used headset/speakers, the sound was messed up, all cracky and stuff. However when I put my processor back to normal speed the sound was fine. I have a DFI Lan Party Pro 875b revison b mother board, Intel p4 2.8E HT processor, 1 gb pc3200 400mhz RAM, 120gb samsung hd oem, nvidia geforce fx 5700 ultra 128mc vido card which is also overclocked using coolbits. My question is, i want to overclock, but i want my sound to work!

I overclocked by going into my bios>Genie Bios>then to the chip speed, it was set at 200mhz and the multiplier was 14, i change it to 215 for a 3.0 chip and the sound still didnt work. However little my change is my sound still is all crackly,unbearably crackly. Am i gonna have to get a sound card, because im using onboard audio?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtsplyr3189

when i over clocked my proccesor this past weekend I noticed something. No matter what i used headset/speakers, the sound was messed up, all cracky and stuff. However when I put my processor back to normal speed the sound was fine. I have a DFI Lan Party Pro 875b revison b mother board, Intel p4 2.8E HT processor, 1 gb pc3200 400mhz RAM, 120gb samsung hd oem, nvidia geforce fx 5700 ultra 128mc vido card which is also overclocked using coolbits. My question is, i want to overclock, but i want my sound to work!

I overclocked by going into my bios>Genie Bios>then to the chip speed, it was set at 200mhz and the multiplier was 14, i change it to 215 for a 3.0 chip and the sound still didnt work. However little my change is my sound still is all crackly,unbearably crackly. Am i gonna have to get a sound card, because im using onboard audio?

Its called Line Noise, interferance basically. There is somthing you can turn off, but I can't remember what. A sound card is always a good idea though, as they usally give better quality and more power.

One of the more knowlegable folks on here can tell you more about the actual noise.

Oh yes, and in future could you try and post in the right section
, like this should be in "Sound Cards and Computer Audio". No doubt one of the mods will move it...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

Its called Line Noise, interferance basically. There is somthing you can turn off, but I can't remember what. A sound card is always a good idea though, as they usally give better quality and more power.

One of the more knowlegable folks on here can tell you more about the actual noise.

Oh yes, and in future could you try and post in the right section
, like this should be in "Sound Cards and Computer Audio". No doubt one of the mods will move it...

Sorry, sincerely I am. Could of sworn i Clicked on that anyways, ohwell sorry, but thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts