Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I've been trying for days and reading various message boards trying to solve my issue. So hope this isn't a silly question.

I have MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard with I7-3770K.

Trying to overclock. Tried both OC Genie and Manual overclocking (just changing multiplier for now to get to about 4.4)

Stability is great, temperate are great, however the minute I mess with overclocking I lose all the Intel speedstep stuff and my CPU just sticks to 4.4 even when 0 CPU usage.

I reset BIOS back to stock and then speedstep comes back, but the minute I touch that multiplier setting in BIOS, I lose it :-(

I checked EIST, C1 etc, all enabled.... Don't think It's windows (I'm on 8) because it works fine when not overclocked, I'm on balanced setting.

Help!!!!!

I read today about just leaving multiplier alone and changing Turbo values, maybe that's a better way to go?

Thanks in advance

·
✔️
1,584 Posts
When overclocking IVB and SB you're supposed to change the turbo multiplier instead of the base multiplier. Even though speedstep should work with base multiplier overclocking too I'm pretty sure that it starts working when you oc with turbo multiplier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I went with changing multipliers for turbo and that's working great and keeping all the power plans in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts