Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the ASRock 970 Extreme3 Mobo.
I used the OC setting and boosted my CPU frequency up to 4.3Ghz (25% boost) and everything looks good CPU temp is fine (I have an aftermarket Cooler) M/B temp is all good. The only thing is when I save the changes I made, windows will not boot. The computer shuts down at the opening screen (Where the four colors come together).

So, I went back into BIOS settings and set the CPU frequency back to default restarted and boom it works. I'm just wondering what's wrong with it, I want to know why its doing that. (I won't try again until someone gives me an answer).

Specs:
AMD FX 6300 (3.5GHZ)
ASRock 970 Extreme3
Gigabyte R9 270X
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2X2)

P.S
I'm using the "Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3" cooler.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmills View Post

I'm using the ASRock 970 Extreme3 Mobo.
I used the OC setting and boosted my CPU frequency up to 4.3Ghz (25% boost) and everything looks good CPU temp is fine (I have an aftermarket Cooler) M/B temp is all good. The only thing is when I save the changes I made, windows will not boot. The computer shuts down at the opening screen (Where the four colors come together).

So, I went back into BIOS settings and set the CPU frequency back to default restarted and boom it works. I'm just wondering what's wrong with it, I want to know why its doing that. (I won't try again until someone gives me an answer).

Specs:
AMD FX 6300 (3.5GHZ)
ASRock 970 Extreme3
Gigabyte R9 270X
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2X2)

P.S
I'm using the "Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3" cooler.
Using the auto-OC solutions is never a good thing, regardless of how good the motherboard is.

That said, it could be caused by the NB // RAM, since it probably raises the bus speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts