Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the idea:

Everyone will come to the location with the exact same computer specs, and then everyone will have a 5 to 10 dollar (USD) entry fee. Everyone will then increase fsb while doing anything else they want in the bios (increasing voltage, ocing ram, changing timings, etc.) and when someone becomes unstable, they get kicked out, until there were only two. When its 1v1 overclocking, you bring out the phase change unit and see who can hit the higher overclockin 2 hours. Each person will be spereated in a diffrent room, winner gets the pot.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Well... it seems wierd. You win based on how good of a cpu you got? Also what if people get into a frenzy and start upping the vcore way too high in an attempt to outdo the others and kills a cpu? Who pays for all the hardware?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
OC at your own risk.... the competition has some flaws.... unless EVERYTHING is identical...steppings,revisions,motherboards,cooli ng systems....ect it wont be completely fair for everyone

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
lol, itd be fun.... but is it possible they would all oc the same then? there would be no winner?

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopes

if you break it you buy it

I think I would be too scared to come on those terms

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, there could always be a sponsor who would be willing to donate cpu's like intel or amd for advertisement purposes, in hopes they would get good publicity and or a record with the phase change units or something of the nature. Maybe we could have someone bring some liquid nitrogen or something.

Well, not everyone will oc the same even if its the same chip because some people might use higher vcore then others, some less vcore, etc. depending on how "good" of an overclocker you are determines how high you go.

If you gave me some liquid nitrogen I would get like 5 mhz out of it, and then relize I wasn't susposed to pour it on my mobo and cry...

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I don't know if that would really determine how "good" you are o_O... Overclocking is long, careful, somewhat unpredictable process... Sometimes hardware that is supposed to be capable of something simply doesn't work... and sometimes a CPU will surprize you with great or very poor performance...

I don't mean to poo it, but I just think that there are far too many variables, the cost would be too much, and that it assumes OCing can be a relatively quick process, which I do not think it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts