Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tryd to follow Sin's guide and isn't working out well for me (noob here) I currently have my chip running at a 44 multiplier and 12 mins of prime good with all power saving features disabled and set Vcore to 1.36. But the problems are when i change multiplier to 45x within seconds of starting prime I get BSOD 0x101 or 0x124 that i have read means up voltage so I do and keep getting BSOD. also i noticed that on CPU-Z is reading voltage at 1.284 even though its set higer in BIOS. What settings would I need to change? All and any help is appreciated!

· Premium Member
17,471 Posts
1. 12 minutes is not high enough for determining stability. By 12 minutes, I hope you're just testing to see if it'll last anywhere from 10-15 minutes on a clock, and then you go to the BIOS and bump up the clock.

2. If it crashes at 45x multi, increase the CPU voltage until it stops crashing. As long as temperatures are okay you have nothing to worry about in the 1.3x area of voltage.

3. CPU-z reads a smaller voltage than in the BIOS because what is known as V-Droop. If you have the CPU voltage running at 1.36 and it's reading 1.284, that's definitely not correct. That's way too much V-Droop.

Also, you do have your BCLK set to 100x, correct? So if you're going for 45x multi, it should equal 4.5ghz is what you're aiming for.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by csm725;13057126
First, try putting VCCIO at 1.1, then try 1.125, then 1.15V. If none of those work, raise voltage to 1.4V and VCCIO to 1.1V.
followed your advice and set VCCIO to 1.1 then 1.2 and didn,t work so did 1.4 and 1.1 and doesn't crash within seconds of prime thx! Will be running it for 3-4 hrs now to see if stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen;13057131
1. 12 minutes is not high enough for determining stability. By 12 minutes, I hope you're just testing to see if it'll last anywhere from 10-15 minutes on a clock, and then you go to the BIOS and bump up the clock.

2. If it crashes at 45x multi, increase the CPU voltage until it stops crashing. As long as temperatures are okay you have nothing to worry about in the 1.3x area of voltage.

3. CPU-z reads a smaller voltage than in the BIOS because what is known as V-Droop. If you have the CPU voltage running at 1.36 and it's reading 1.284, that's definitely not correct. That's way too much V-Droop.

Also, you do have your BCLK set to 100x, correct? So if you're going for 45x multi, it should equal 4.5ghz is what you're aiming for.
1. Yeah i was just seeing if it would not almost instantly give a BSOD.

2/3. increased to 1.4v in BIOS and shows 1.320v in CPU-Z

Lastly, BCLK is set to 100x but showing 99.8 but yeah i am amming for 4.5ghz
P.S. +Rep to both

· Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen;13057425
That is very high V-Droop, I've never seen that before. Just as a reference, I have 1.30v set in the BIOS and the lowest it hits is 1.296v.

I'm trying to think of what it could be, because I've never seen V-Droop that drastic before.
board sets 1.368v before load, then droops to 1.320v = not bad vdroop and not a problem.

· Facepalm
11,730 Posts
Assuming you're using a B3, updating to the latest B3 bios (F3) should fix the vdroop issues. Make sure you have LLC enabled. Vcore measured with a DMM (multimeter) has been measured to be very close to the vcore set in BIOS with the UD4, even though hwinfo32 was showing lower voltages.

But, you clearly have a B2 stepping board, otherwise CPU-Z wouldn't be showing voltages correctly (it doesn't support B3 gigabyte boards at the moment). Why haven't you RMA'd the board for a B3?

The B2 boards/BIOS have worse vdroop than the B3, but Gigabyte released a final F7 or F8 for the B2 boards (not sure which it is for the UD4, though).

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok just saw in BIOS LLC and enabled it... don't know why I didn't do this earlyer (pretty tired last night) but now i set Core voltage to 1.360 in bios getting 1.356 in CPU-z idle and 1.344. But now I was wondering if the power saving options help the overclock or not? Also if these Volts are good for 24/7 use with max temp of 62C?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.