Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have overclocked my system to 2.6 Ghz. It is rock stable and prime95 on both cores for 8 hours. max temp 46. (1.55 volt)! I want more power

I tried to set the fsb to 280 1.7 volt. Running prime on bothe cores failed after 16 min. Temp was 54. I thinking about raising the volt to 1.75 or even 1.8. Will this damage the CPU? I have set the system to shutdown at 60 in bios. Will I be ok, if I watch my temps?

Best regards.
Asbjørn Morell.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm not completely up on AMD stuff but 1.8v is usually where things get dicy...

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
More voltage is not always the solution, in fact I've seen many instances where some GAINED stability by lowering the high vcore they had, it all depends on the individual chip. My X2 3800+ is stable at 2.6 as well but with 1.6v and won't go a bit higher, maybe when my water setup is done but we'll see....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
the highest voltage for daily use should be 1.6 if on air. If you decide to run 1.7-1.8, which isn't smart, then it should only be for a short amount of time. You run the risk of frying your processor with the extra voltage, temperature doesn't matter. 2.6 is a good OC for the x2 3800.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I'm quite satisfied with 2.6, it gets me a 1M super pi time of 32.253
. I can live with that. I have my suspicions tho that 2.7 is possible on water, I'll let you guys know...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Question. Do you play games? And have you checked your fps difference after overclocking? I'm just wondering how far I need to overclock to see 'real-world' performance increase.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

I tried to set the fsb to 280 1.7 volt. Running prime on bothe cores failed after 16 min. Temp was 54. I thinking about raising the volt to 1.75 or even 1.8. Will this damage the CPU? I have set the system to shutdown at 60 in bios. Will I be ok, if I watch my temps?

dude if your allready at 54c with 1.7vcore then i wouldnt raise it anymore, to run that much you need some more cooling , i dont think these dual cores like high temps like above 50c anyways

i would look into the best oc you can do with say 1.6 (maybe jsut a little higher) for everyday use other wise that thing aint gonna last to long i suspect

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the specs below, could I have some suggestions on where to start? I'm new to this OC'g but I did enough research when I built my machine I believe I have good OC'g equipment. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

With the specs below, could I have some suggestions on where to start? I'm new to this OC'g but I did enough research when I built my machine I believe I have good OC'g equipment. Thanks

theres alot of help that everyone here could give you and welcome but you need to start your own thread and then people will help you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts