Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm looking for a motherboard s939 that can easily overclock my athlon 64 3200+ to maybe 3ghz or so...i was thinking about a msi but i'm not sure which one to get

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternaldj

well i'm looking for a motherboard s939 that can easily overclock my athlon 64 3200+ to maybe 3ghz or so...i was thinking about a msi but i'm not sure which one to get

If you want to hit 3Ghz, I think you're going to either need a TEC or Phase Change rather than a new mobo

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya if your looking to hit 3ghz... u need better cooling for that, not a new mobo...water cooling will do the trick...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternaldj

Your cpu will probably get to 3ghz if your very lucky but some how i doubt it . Definately not on stock cooling and i wouldnt have thought so on a good w/c set up either .YOu maybe able to get thet high with a mach 2 phase change setup but you could buy a cpu that would o/c through the 3 gig mark and a good w/c set up with the sort of money you would pay out for phase change

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
You will get more BIOS options in a DFI MB.
Depending on the CPU's stepping you will achieve about 2.7-3 on that CPU with air!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ive heard nothing but bad things about the prebuil water cooling sytems, so if you choose that rout go with a costom... and if u want to stick with air cooling the big typhhon or the scythe ninja are best... with of course as5

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Even with those setups i doubt that 3gig is possible .The only way to get the 3ghz O/C with that chip is phase change

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There's no chance you can have a stable 3ghz unless on phase. You will be lucky to get a stable 2.8 on water, and lucky to get a stable 2.7 on air.
3.0 is not in that chips range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts