Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a new heatsink (zalman 7000A-Cu) for my CPU (AMD 2400+) but after i applyed AS5 and everything...i get temps of 49-55...did i do something wrong of is zalman 7000A-Cu not that good of a heatsink?

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
welcome to the forum!!!!!!

i suggest you should take the hsf fan of clan it with rubbing alchoal and reapply the as5 just remember to put a bb sized dot of as5 then see how it goes

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

welcome to the forum!!!!!!

i suggest you should take the hsf fan of clan it with rubbing alchoal and reapply the as5 just remember to put a bb sized dot of as5 then see how it goes

cleaned off the old as5, clearned off fan and hs....reapplyed as5...thx!! me edit in the results......in an hour or so...

-edit-
yes!!! 42.5*C!!!! But is that high? I read other posts.....most people have around 38*C at full load....

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
most of these guys are super hardcore which =

a burning in period

After you apply your AS5 to your CPU start your comp and let your computer sit near idle for anywhre from as many hours as you can spare to 1 to 2 days. After you let your AS5 sit in, then your comp is ready for Overclock stuff.

Gotta let the as5 sit , i guesss... or just buy 5 fans

·
Premium Member
22,000 Posts
I'm using the stock heatsink with my 2800 and AS5 and my CPU runs at 50*C Load - before overclock. Up to about 55*C load after an overclock to 2.31ghz.

My point is, unless you plan to keep this cpu for more thatn 5 or 6 years, that anything under about 55*-56* is a safe max. But if you get a better HSF, or watercooling, then take it further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts