Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week, my computer has encountered a BSOD error 0x0000000a, which means, I might have turned off an essential service or something.

I formatted all my hard drives, but, my computer freezes in the middle of a fresh Windows installation.

I have a feeling a major component may have suffered terminal damage from excess heat.

In my PC, the HDD, graphics card, or PSU, may have dug their own grave.

My HDD does not have any fans to cool it, as does my graphics card because they rely on the air flow of the case, in which the power supply releases hot air.

I used my compressed duster last week before it emptied out.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy driver or memory paging.I would clear the CMOS,then re-install the motherboard drivers by disk,even if you use the old ones it came with to just boot up.If your mobo has no CMOS then remove the battery for 30 seconds.

Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossy82 View Post

Sounds like a dodgy driver or memory paging.I would clear the CMOS,then re-install the motherboard drivers by disk,even if you use the old ones it came with to just boot up.If your mobo has no CMOS then remove the battery for 30 seconds.
Good luck.
It turns out there was a plethora of dust around the heatsink and near the CPU. Even worse, the thermal compound almost dried up, perhaps because my processor usage was around 90% when running games or other demanding applications.

The thing about the CPU heatsink and even the CPU is that even if I use the straw to dust them thoroughly, they still remain, so I had to take it out to clean it wholly.

So far, it has been acting like a healthy PC, even when the ASUS dual-core feature is activated. Nonetheless, even in the slightest sense, I don't want to raise my hopes up.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGamer5 View Post

It turns out there was a plethora of dust around the heatsink and near the CPU. Even worse, the thermal compound almost dried up, perhaps because my processor usage was around 90% when running games or other demanding applications.
The thing about the CPU heatsink and even the CPU is that even if I use the straw to dust them thoroughly, they still remain, so I had to take it out to clean it wholly.
So far, it has been acting like a healthy PC, even when the ASUS dual-core feature is activated. Nonetheless, even in the slightest sense, I don't want to raise my hopes up.
Dust can cause both over-heating issues and static electricity issues. A good cleaning yearly and a dust-out every few months does wonders. I use inlet fan filters which catch most of the dust without dropping airflow too much. It's easier to clean the filters once a month than disassemble the PC for cleaning.
wink.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts