Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronic instrument Gadget Computer hardware Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory

While the concept of memory tuning as a whole as not changed much, older memory tweaking used to be much for straightforward, now there are so many options and variables, it's hard to know where to start. My motherboard, a mid-high level MSI MEG z390 ACE has a decent array of memory overclocking options, including a "try it" feature which will set prescribed or (generalized) timings based on whatever memory speed you command. It will also increase voltage to scale with MHz increase. I'm curious to see if anyone else has run these particular modules and if so, what results I can expect. Below are specs, and it appears to have the "revered" high quality B-die stuff. I can get to 4.5Ghz and is stable but still occasionally crashes. Id be content at that speed, I just need to focus on reliability here and another goal is voltage values. I've heard people are using up to 1.55 volts, it's this okay for the system? My case has decent airflow. Again just looking for tips and tricks to push it harder and also hit a goal of sub 45 ns latency.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Attachments

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
22,580 Posts
I can get to 4.5Ghz and is stable but still occasionally crashes
then it isn't stable

there's a few DDR4 kits with 1.6v XMP, and considering you can push 1.85v+ for benchmarks and it doesn't degrade in a noticeable way just use your brain. you're probably going to run into stability issues from temperature before you hit a dangerous voltage anyway.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah, you can push high voltage on them. A small fan will help if you're looking at low stable trfc.
I have 4 of the 4400cl19 bin, they work great.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Those or Trident-Z 3600C16 GTZR/N (without the C) or 4000C16 G.Skill are probably the best "budget" B-Die you can get. 4400 17-17-17-36-340-2T shouldn't be that much of a problem at 1.5-1.55v. There is a memory try-it profile for 4400C17 but try-it only changes the 5 primary timings and voltage, it does not tweak ant of the secondary or tertiary timings nor RTL/IO.

• Rep+
Reactions: storm-chaser

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those or Trident-Z 3600C16 GTZR/N (without the C) or 4000C16 G.Skill are probably the best "budget" B-Die you can get. 4400 17-17-17-36-340-2T shouldn't be that much of a problem at 1.5-1.55v. There is a memory try-it profile for 4400C17 but try-it only changes the 5 primary timings and voltage, it does not tweak ant of the secondary or tertiary timings nor RTL/IO.
So I've made a bit of headroom with this memory overclock. Getting 4500MHz with CL17 and its almost stable. I can run the AIDA64 cache and memory benchmark for about 20 minutes and then it crashes.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia Software

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

With the above data can you guys recommend anything I can change to get this 100% stable.

Ideally, I would like to get under 40 ns but I dont know if that is possible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts