Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the Catleap thread and a user posted a replacement that would work, but another user mentioned the Overlord may have reveresed pins ? I already purchased one from Amazon that didn't work, even though it all fit correctly. Below is a picture of the power adapter that came with the monitor, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
That's the same one I posted in the Catleap thread. But looking at the pin out on the brick in the OP - plug with guide pin along the outside - and the pic in the eBay link - plug with flat side - I'm not sure they are 100% interchangeable.

@Tom1121 can you post a pic of your actual power plug that plugs into the monitor? I can compare it with the actual power plug on the replacement brick I bought. I wonder if generic pics (the pic from the eBay link looks to have a plug with guide pin, where the pin out looks to have the flat sided plug) are confusing the issue.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The ebay one I posted has exactly same pin layout and electrical specs as my Catleap and DS270 bricks. Closeups of mine:

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blued View Post

The ebay one I posted has exactly same pin layout and electrical specs as my Catleap and DS270 bricks. Closeups of mine:

Indeed it does. I was more concerned with the pic the OP posted - his pin out pic on the back of his brick has no flat side depicted as yours does, it appears to have a raised guide pin along the outside edge of the plug. But since you have both and claim it will work and I only have the OG Catleap, I'll go with your experience.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Life got in the way and I was not able to find a replacement power adapter for my Overlord. I did purchase a similar power adapter from Amazon which I'll link below, and it unfortunately didn't work. I believe it may be due to the Overlord's PIN design being reversed from usual. Here are two pictures below that show the PIN a bit better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts