Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I flashed my BIOS to the most current version, manually set the stock voltages, but I believe I put in 1.45 instead of 1.35 for the CPU, and now it's dead. I reset the BIOS (pulled the battery, used the jumper), but I still have nothing. Is that accident really enough to take out my CPU?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The maximum voltage recommended by AMD is 1.55V. I doubt that 1.45 killed your CPU.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdblyss;11949573
Then I am really confused. I don't get post at all, and the CPU never warms up.
Do you have a back-up CPU you can test? To be honest, I'm not sure why it's not working. I've cold booted to 4.0GHz on 1.45 before, and mines working fine...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an am2 chip, but my mobo only supports am3.

I've been reading, and this is what I have come up with:
I set the CPU and NB Voltage mode to "Offset." I then typed in a manual value for the CPU offset voltage to 1.35, changed my ram to 1600MHz and saved. The computer immediately shut off without rebooting. I read the manual, and the CPU and NB mode should have been set on manual in order for me to manually assign 1.35 as the voltage, but since it was on "offset," it can only be set to a maximum of +0.70000v. So, I'm assuming it added 0.7 volts to the CPU. This would actually take it from 1.38 stock to 1.45. I now realize that I was in "Offset" mode instead of manual, so I am really confused as to what I actually did.

I don't understand what "CPU/NB Offset Voltage" is. Crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts