Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my q6600 in my dfi lu ut x48t2r motherboard wen i use my cpu "3.0ghz and the v at 1.325 cpuz shows a v of 1.389 so is this my board overvolting or is cpuz not reading right??? i did hear someware that cpuz dose read wrong in lanparty boards but was wondering if any 1 knows if its true??

thank you to all the people who are helping me

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds like you're MoBo might be overvolting yeah... are the vCore set to auto in BIOS? If so, change it to 1.32. If you have it set to 1.32, try changing it to 1.26-1.27 or something and test it and see if it reads any higher than 1.32 then...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there all set by me nothing is auto>>>>>>
there is a vdroop tool and iv disabled it but it still overvolts? also this is the first board that wen i run cpuz and look for the bios it dose not list the bios number>> maybee cpuz dose not get on with these boards

·
Premium Member
7,955 Posts
overvolting, lower the voltage settings you are using until CPUZ shows the volts that you are wanting in order to compensate..

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
CPU-Z does read v wrong on many MoBo's/systems. On notebooks I know it reads incorrect beyond a certain release. Never trust secondary applications over what your BIOS reports.

I think while I don't know much as I don't own a desktop. Stop trusting CPU-Z and responding to it if it does not make sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts