Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got that Black case and going to build new rig with Q6600. I prefer Air cool. So, what is the stock cooling performance of this case? Anyone mod the case for increase air flow please input: What is you mod and result?
Thanks

·
I love hamburgers
906 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ngocrebel
View Post

Just got that Black case and going to build new rig with Q6600. I prefer Air cool. So, what is the stock cooling performance of this case? Anyone mod the case for increase air flow please input: What is you mod and result?
Thanks

I have the P182 case, not sure how much different it is from yours, but i think the cooling is ok. Im trying to find better methods for pushing air around the case, but i need to look into it a bit more. So far, it seems like the top vent is rather useless and just creates more heat by letting the hot exhaust air recirculate into it. Ive tried flipping the fans upside down and what not, but either way, i get the same exact results. Ive even went as far as buying a fan monitor/regulator. I lowered all the fans to the slowest setting (not the cpu fan, mind u) and there isnt a difference as if they were going full blast. Keep in mind all my case fans have been replaced with 114CFM Panaflo's. :)

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
A long time ago I did a FAQ on the case I believe, the short and sweet of it is get yourself a dremel and cut the fan grills, this will both make the fans a little quieter and also improves airflow by reducing turbulence, I did it to all the fans on my P180B and have been happy with it for months.

·
I love hamburgers
906 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster
View Post

A long time ago I did a FAQ on the case I believe, the short and sweet of it is get yourself a dremel and cut the fan grills, this will both make the fans a little quieter and also improves airflow by reducing turbulence, I did it to all the fans on my P180B and have been happy with it for months.

Is it possible to get that faq? Im very interested in this. My case temps are always 30-35C. 100% of the time. No matter how much air flow in throwing in or out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cut the fan grill off is always my first thing. Super quite PC is not my target. I just want a better air flow which make good case temp for OC. Anyone cut hold(s) at the side panel and put 1 or 2x120mm fan on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts