Overclock.net banner

P182 mod (better intake airflow)

6504 Views 20 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BANDIT_COROLLA
so ive been noticing that the filter cover REALLY restricting the air flow, so ive been searching around and saw the P183 Grill.

This is how the p182 grill normally looks like

now! time to start cutting, just cut off every second grill

When your done you should have something that looks like this

pop the cover back on, now it looks just like the P183

You can really feel that the air is flowing ALOT better with this lil mod
Happy modding woot woot!
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Not a bad idea, it would look better if you touched it up a bit where the slats used to be. I personally took the door off, along with the filter and I also cut the metal grill thing behind the filter.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikecdm
View Post

Not a bad idea, it would look better if you touched it up a bit where the slats used to be. I personally took the door off, along with the filter and I also cut the metal grill thing behind the filter.

Ill do some touch up later, i used to also have the door off but i think it kinda looks ugly so thats y i prefer this

oh and the metal grill had also been removed so now i got the best looking, best flowing and best filtering in one set up
See less See more
I did a similar mod to mine, only not as extensive. Check my sig for my guide. I personally run without the filters, as they restrict airflow more than anything else.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillhouse
View Post

I did a similar mod to mine, only not as extensive. Check my sig for my guide. I personally run without the filters, as they restrict airflow more than anything else.

thats a pretty nice guide actually but mine is easier/quicker to do and looks like P183
See less See more
I did something similair but a bit more extreme

I noticed that without the filters and little doors my temps all round dropped by at least 5c, so I cut out the metal grill, removed doors completely and fitted some black mesh, it's quite dusty in that pic
I wanted mesh with smaller holes too, but I couldn't get any at the time.

See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post

I noticed that without the filters and little doors my temps all round dropped by at least 5c, so I cut out the metal grill, removed doors completely and fitted some black mesh, it's quite dusty in that pic

haha thats a pretty cool idea i like what you did

hey since now your not using the front door anymore, are there any chance of you still got the key for locking the front door? im actually looking for one right now as i didnt get the key with my case
See less See more
Woah^ epic dust.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez View Post
Woah^ epic dust.
Orly

I am quite ashamed of the dust, therefore you shall get my excuse. I moved this weekend and havn't done my monthly rig clean out
Plus with the GPU folding comp recently staring i'm reluctant to shut my rig down for a clean..

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDIT_COROLLA View Post
haha thats a pretty cool idea i like what you did

hey since now your not using the front door anymore, are there any chance of you still got the key for locking the front door? im actually looking for one right now as i didnt get the key with my case

I think I have the key somewhere, but I havn't seen it in over a year. I think it may be at my sisters house ;l I broke my front door long ago

I've been meaning to contact the Antec european store and ask if they sell the front doors in black, on the stores website they only state "P180 front door"
See less See more
Quote:

Orly

I am quite ashamed of the dust, therefore you shall get my excuse. I moved this weekend and havn't done my monthly rig clean out
Plus with the GPU folding comp recently staring i'm reluctant to shut my rig down for a clean..

I think I have the key somewhere, but I havn't seen it in over a year. I think it may be at my sisters house ;l I broke my front door long ago

I've been meaning to contact the Antec european store and ask if they sell the front doors in black, on the stores website they only state "P180 front door"
i guess if you wait abit you can probably get P183 door from their site. they got much better airflow than P180/182 doors

i just notice you said europe, where are you from?
See less See more
Quote:

Orly

I think the p180, p182, and p183 have the same side doors (like I can basically turn my silver p180 into a black one for like $50
). As far as the key goes, I bet you could put a wanted in the FS and I'm sure someone would be willing to send you one since it comes w/ 2 keys.
See less See more
Good idea, someone else already cut out that fan grill area a while back. I forgot who made the thread for it though. I should have done that to mine when I had it. Check out my P180 threads to see what I did to mine
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacegoast View Post
Good idea, someone else already cut out that fan grill area a while back. I forgot who made the thread for it though. I should have done that to mine when I had it. Check out my P180 threads to see what I did to mine
I HATE YOU! how can you sell your Highly engineered P18x and went for Cooler Looser case?
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDIT_COROLLA
View Post

I HATE YOU! how can you sell your Highly engineered P18x and went for Cooler Looser case?

Ya I was sad to get rid of it. But it went right next door to my roommate. So I can still see it. And the HAF is actually a great case, almost as quiet as the P180 too. I didnt have to cut out any holes for cable management this time around
. I'll find something to mod on it though.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacegoast
View Post

Ya I was sad to get rid of it. But it went right next door to my roommate. So I can still see it. And the HAF is actually a great case, almost as quiet as the P180 too. I didnt have to cut out any holes for cable management this time around
. I'll find something to mod on it though.

ahh thats alright then i guess

Hey do me a favor, steal one of the P180 key and send it here
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDIT_COROLLA
View Post

i guess if you wait abit you can probably get P183 door from their site. they got much better airflow than P180/182 doors

I just notice you said europe, where are you from?

Hm good idea, if they fit the same that is. I'm from england btw.

Quote:

I think the p180, p182, and p183 have the same side doors (like I can basically turn my silver p180 into a black one for like $50 ). As far as the key goes, I bet you could put a wanted in the FS and I'm sure someone would be willing to send you one since it comes w/ 2 keys.

The P182 and P180 side panels are the same, when I first replaced mine they didn't fit though! After forcing them on and off a few times they eventualy did, though the rear of the panels are about 2mm thicker and leave a slight gap when you put them on ;l

Oh and no more epic dust
I need to do something about the way that bottom fan is mounted though, those big silver washers annoy me.

See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS
View Post

Our PC's are meant for each other.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS
View Post

lol, wow very similar, now we know where P180 minis come from

Oh. I lol'd hard.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.