Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have this P3 Intel Coppermine 650mhz with msi ms1137 (crap one...) the bios has options to unlock the multiplier until x8.5 (fsb stands for 100mhz locked) but when i do that, nothing seems to happen cause sandra and everest display the standard 6.5x100=650 info. There´s only one DIMM of pc133 128MB RAm.

i didn´t see yet if tehre are other bios updates but i will in a moment. anyone has experience to share with this rig? i did a search on the database and there doe´nt seem to be much...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Your cpu's multiplier is locked. The bios comes with the option for a cpu that's unlocked from the factory, yours isnt so even though you can change the value in the bios it doesnt make any difference.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You should be able to change the FSB. You might have to change a setting from auto to manual but you should have control over the FSB. Diffinetly get the latest BIOS. I have always had great success with overclocking these old computers. The computer I am typing this on is running is a P3 500 running at 5X133=666. With stock volatge
. which is a good thing because I cant change the voltage on my mobo. But good luck, and happy overclocking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts