Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
toast toast!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.

im building a new computer next month, and i will primarilly use it for gaming.

i have a budget of £300 (about 492 us dollars) and no higher.i know it isnt allot but its all i have

i have decided on the case (cm690) and the gpu(xfx 4850xxx,) but i need to decide more on the cpu and motherboard. ive chosen the e5300 as the cpu but if there is a better one at the same price or cheaper let me know. ive decided to use the silver power SP-SS500 as the psu because it is fairly cheap and ive heard its high quality

now,

i could buy the gigabyte ga-p31-es3g which is £44 and with the budget i have takes it up to £299.

or is it worth it me cutting back on the power supply ive chosen (a silver power 500w) to get a ASUS P5Q SE which is about £20 more but from what i understand overclocks better. but will the worse power supply effect it

what do you think is the best for me out of the two, and are there any good parts in my price range that are better than my currently chosen ones.

thanks, alltoasters.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
I would go with the P5Q SE because it will overclock better. You could go caseless and buy a better PSU with the money you saved.

·
toast toast!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i suppose i could but i love the cm690 so much. it is one of my favorite cases.

and i really dont want to use the case from this one. its a peice of rubbish.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I suggest you buy E5200 instead of e5300.You save a bit & they both oc the same.Ofcourse it depends on the chip.
And of the 2 mobos,P5Q SE is the better one.
Whatever you do,dont skimp on mobo.I suggest you go for a video card that is a bit cheaper(e.g. 4830 or 4770) & buy a better mobo!

·
toast toast!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah good idea, it saves about 4 quid. ill do that

i was thinking about it before but i heard the e5300 overclocks better because the stock mulitiplyer is higher

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alltoasters View Post
yeah good idea, it saves about 4 quid. ill do that

i was thinking about it before but i heard the e5300 overclocks better because the stock mulitiplyer is higher
Not really.It all depends on the chip,which is just luck of the draw;So there are e5200 chips that overclock higher than e5300 & vice versa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts