Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done numerous resets and reattempts over the months, and it's always been rock solid, but... kind of randomly, my board sets my CPU back to stock and won't overclock again without a CMOS reset or waiting for some odd period of time.

I'm probably getting a new board soon, but this has been bugging me on and off constantly.

Is this a common issue with the chipset or what? I haven't seen anybody else with this many problems.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by conductor609
View Post

That's a common issue with the ep35-ds3l, it's the board not the chipset

Agreed. I have had several of those boards, I have 3 of them now. It happens to some of these boards, very common.

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumi
View Post

I've done numerous resets and reattempts over the months, and it's always been rock solid, but... kind of randomly, my board sets my CPU back to stock and won't overclock again without a CMOS reset or waiting for some odd period of time.

I'm probably getting a new board soon, but this has been bugging me on and off constantly.

Is this a common issue with the chipset or what? I haven't seen anybody else with this many problems.

I believe gigabyte released a BIOS update to fix this.
Then again my IP35-E Is deciding to lose my overclock randomly
and I'm on latest BIOS

·
jones bones
291 Posts
I didn't have this problem with the f5 bios, or the f6a bios.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaz
View Post

I didn't have this problem with the f5 bios, or the f6a bios.

Its on the F4 and earlier.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIOS update? Got it, will do later.

And I just realized this isn't in the motherboard section.

·
Unimportant
17,774 Posts
On my board I have like F9C beta bios from about a year ago, if I was you I would go with whatever the latest bios are, remember when updating bios to revert back to stock. Also afterward I would recommend a cmos reset before re-overclocking.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If my soundcard and new HDD show up tomorrow I'll be doing a lot of internal work on my computer anyways. Fans are getting dusty, I'm sure my CPU cooler needs dusted out and my idle temps are too high right now.

CMOS reset is as simple as yanking the battery, cutting all power to the board and leaving it for half an hour? (I was told half an hour the first time, though I've heard 5-10 minutes too)

·
Unimportant
17,774 Posts
Yeah unplug the computer, push the power button to discharge psu, pull battery, I usually wait about 10 minutes, then put battery back in and plug in and set your settings and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do, thanks. If everything goes back to stock then everything should be a cakewalk. Bump my FSB and take my voltage up a notch and I'm golden.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eh, I'm playing it safe and not overclocking again yet, not until I find the time (and patience) to rewire my case and reseat my heatsink. Idling at 40c at stock clocks and voltages.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts