Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else had any good o/c results with an extreme edition P4 ????
theres not really alot of info on them

maybe ppl r scared to blow them up after spending so much on em ?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
With good cooling and lots of voltage, the do pretty well. That 2mb of L3 cache really thrives on extra voltage (I have seen folks running them upwards of 1.8v), but at the same time the extra voltage requires good cooling. I think on water, you can expect 3.7-3.8 GHz at least, and under extreme cooling, I have seen them hit 4.1-4.2 GHz.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
One of the new members Road_Star has his @ 3.9 on Air! and he benched 80k on aquamark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UVMe
anyone else had any good o/c results with an extreme edition P4 ????
theres not really alot of info on them

maybe ppl r scared to blow them up after spending so much on em ?
Well I'm not scared, just plain stupid. I've been upping my fsb a little at a time, trying to find the limmit for air cooling. 3.99 is as high as it will go and still run bench marks and play games. I can boot into windows at 4.1, and it will run 90% of a bench mark before kicking me back to desktop.

I have raised the vcore to 1.6 Volts but if I try anymore it will not post.
I am going to buy a phase change unit really soon now. After I get it hooked up I will post my new findings.

I came here looking for help and information on overclocking too. Looks like there are lots of good people here so I'm going to stay. I hope after looking arround you decide to stay too. Maybe we can get together and clock the crap out of these P4EEs

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
As soon as I stop putting together folding rigs and divert the cash towards an EE, we can see how far we can push the beasts.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I dont think you should waste your money gibant, those things are really overpriced. Maybe it would be a good idea to get one of the F seris coming out on Nov 1 with fsb 1066 though.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
They are really over priced and are only slightly faster than a Prescott, I think it's a waste...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've seen then second hand for just over £300 sterling which isn't too bad, bearing in mind that i will be able to verify the source (local over-clock bunch of mad men). One with the P4EE & MachII achieved 87K aquamark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1
I've seen then second hand for just over £300 sterling which isn't too bad, bearing in mind that i will be able to verify the source (local over-clock bunch of mad men). One with the P4EE & MachII achieved 87K aquamark.
mine cost me £225 from Ebay.co.uk , the guy had 5 of them for sale, theres 4 more on there from the same guy now @ £275 , maybe he bumped the price cause the last lot went in 2 hours !!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6710600401

anyways they may only be slightly faster than a presscott , but then we are all in this forum to make things go slightly faster arnt we ?????!!!!

and another thing..... it doenst run anywhere near as hot as a presscott !

in real world benchmarks u do see a big difference

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My sister AMD is about to die, M/B now running at 49c Cpu @ 60c. I have bought an Asus P4 m/b as backup incase I destroyed my main board with my mach II. So I could put my 3.2 30 capper in that for her. I just seems a waste as it will only be surfing the net and a bit of word.

I'll look on e-bay now for an EE

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i tried to overclock my 2.8gh 512k l2 cpu on a asrock mobo and i set my fsb at 210mh and i save the changes and quit and my computer can not restart for it to work i have to go back to the bios and reset the fsb to 200mh and then it works. i was wondering if u could give me some clear instructions on how to overclock it thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoopo
i tried to overclock my 2.8gh 512k l2 cpu on a asrock mobo and i set my fsb at 210mh and i save the changes and quit and my computer can not restart for it to work i have to go back to the bios and reset the fsb to 200mh and then it works. i was wondering if u could give me some clear instructions on how to overclock it thanks
Can you send the full specs of your system, memory type & speed etc

Although I wouldn't have thought an Asrock would be up to much, good budget boards but not really O/C material.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i have an

asrock p4vt8+
p4 2.8 gh 512 l2 cache
1024mb kingston memory
xfx 128mb 5200 nvidia video card
80 gb
350watt power supply
soundblaster live sound card

plz help me! thanks!