Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Auchter

How long have you been running it at that speed? Is it stable?

I ran occt for 30 mins on torture and no problems, I also ran pcmark06 and 04 and good to go.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Have you run Prime95 as well? Make sure it's 100% loaded when you test. It's best to run Prime95 and OCCT at the same time to ensure that the CPU is at 100%. It's pretty impressive that you got it to boot at 1.28 vcore.

·
Registered
329 Posts
ummm thats really not too high of an OC......my 3.0 530J is stable at 4.12 and there is much more room to go higher so dont worry about it

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOOB

ummm thats really not too high of an OC......my 3.0 530J is stable at 4.12 and there is much more room to go higher so dont worry about it

Umm, got proof? I doubt your 3.0 has "lots more room to go" and is 100% stable at 4.12ghz.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Owhat

Shweeeeet overclock dude! I'm happy for ya!

Thanks guys, I'm happy with it.

·
Need moar megahertz
852 Posts
48C looks a little high for idle tho? You can go higher but not sure of stability.

if its stable for 7/24 use then you got a pretty good oc there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey "Bigval" not to hijack the post but there is a reasonable chance that his 3.0 is stable at 4.12GHz. I have a 3.0 and it is stable at 3.9 on air. Many other here on Ocnet have that 3.0 at 3.9 or better. While I think you are correct in saying it does not have a lot more to go it is possible to have it at 4.12Ghz stable...that part is not that far of a stretch.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindredice

48C looks a little high for idle tho? You can go higher but not sure of stability.

if its stable for 7/24 use then you got a pretty good oc there.

I'm stopping by the store tonight and get a "TTBT", that should help.

48c is where it has always idled since I oc'd at 3.53ghz

·
Need moar megahertz
852 Posts
4125mhz was the highest my pc stayed stable enough to make benchs,pcmark,3dmarks and aquamark but anymore of 4125,everything freezes. A friend runs his p4 630 at 4.4ghz(1.64v!) and takes benchs with air cooling so it is possible i think some p4s are different than others hittin some lucky ppl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts