Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was sitting browsing the web and i realized my pc is LOUD!!

So i decided to rebuild my pc into a nice quiet build.

The story begins in my basement

Internals of my current case with most of the stuff un plugged

CRICKY look at that snake!!!

Old generic "Suntec" PSU O yeah it's generic

Started to remove my pci cards. Left my N.I.C Right ATI X850Pro

Almost everything gone

Old audigy 2zs front bay was to lazy to remove it even though i had an x-fi.
I will miss thee

Just some empty drive bays

SHIELD YOUR EYES it's nakid keep your head out of the clouds boys

All my crap out FINALLY!

O baby

A nice touch by antec putting like a sort of anti-static plastic sheet on there case. when i was halfway removing it i got such a SHOCK. I don't think it works as intended TIME TO file a lawsuit

Old case vs. New case size. The P182 is actually pretty big and heavy. empty

Inside of case. Wow it's layed out beautifully the psu and HDD's have there own compartment and so does the whole MOBO set up

Cutting out some silencing foam. I dought this stuff actually has any effect but it just makes me feal cool it better for $20 bloody ThermalTake ripp everyone off

There I did that thin IDE mod. Take a box cutter knife and cut the ide cable into 6 strips and stack them together and then use electrical tape to put it together. All in all as you can see it's the same thickness as the SATA connector. When i say similar i mean exactly the same

There it is completed

That's the HDD bay i decided to put my hard drives in the bottom cage instead of the top. As you can see the HD cage comes with these silicon things they are grommets to reduce the vibration. A nice touch i think

Now for the ANTEC NEO 550w PSU that i also got

That's the PSU itself with all the modular cables layed out. Honestly modular cables are the best thing since sliced bread
I know the power supply is supposed to be used in an SLI rig and i don't have that so i don't have to have all the extra wires to worry about. I ended up only plugging in two connectors

when buying a PSU always try to look for this feather it's a life saver it's the deffinatly worth the extra bucks

The psu is in it's nice little cozy home right where it belongs. Fit's like a glove

Sort of began running cables behind mobo and there you see that i moved the 120mm in the bottom chamber between the HDDs and the PSU to the top chamber as the intake fan

The mobo is finally in fewwww that was scarry putting that in. Be very caryfull at that step i found out.

Mounting mechanizm for the optical drives. You slide it in the front of the pc and it snaps in. it's preety crafty if you ask me. so what if it's not tool less. who cares when it's just simple installation. It will take you an extra 5 seconds big deal.

Wow never knew my table was adjustable WOOT

The front door is open and there you see where the intake fan will go and how the optical drives look inside

My final cabeling job. i even got one of those Tt light up sleeved MOLEX splitters and wired that beind the mobo to power the optical drives. It looks pimp

EAT THAT SLADE SURFER!!!! sorry just had to gloat for a bit

Behind the mobo where i routed all my cables. This case I actually had fun routing all the cables. Overall there are no wires obstructing the airflow and it's a great case to work with

Ok guys what did you think discuss

**Special thanks to my bud Rich A. that helped out**

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
nice job man, from one P180 owner to another.

Might I suggest a paint job on the inside? Black would look tight, and accentuate those parts of yours. I plan on doing it sometime in the future, probably when I get my Q6600.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalica732 View Post
What's the point if it's a closed case?
Mod a window into the side

Thats a great case, nice job

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
looks good. we should get a thread goin for all p180 owners to post pics of their rig and get ideas for wire management... or to just show them off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice man I was thinking about getting this case, but I'm still looking into the Silver Mirror edition one, just to brag, but I'll probably just stick with the Gun Metal edition

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiggysPizza
View Post

Nice man I was thinking about getting this case, but I'm still looking into the Silver Mirror edition one, just to brag, but I'll probably just stick with the Gun Metal edition

you only get two things with the shinny metal
edition

1. a reflective case

2. a black interior that you will see only once when you are building your rig.

So there is no point. I bet it looks DED SEXI but there is no window to feel cool about. I don't feel it's worth to pay extra money for when you get the same case. just with a diffrent paint job.

There is no added functionality just looks.

Thanks for the comment keep em comming

·
Registered
55 Posts
nice job on the cable routeing looks a hell of a lot better than the job in this one

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would but right now its just a build that well... lets see how should i put it
i got the 2 main peices for the rig i wanted to build the motherboard a ASUS P5N32E-SLI and the case a ANTEC P182 with afew parts to test fire then ran into to many ideas for options on hardware to go with them in the end it wont be that bad there wont be any EIDE cables to have to route

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Antec P180 owner. We are taking over the world. I am going to do something very similar. I'm going to be re-wiring all of my cables and sleeving all of the unsleeved ones. I can't wait.

NiNja

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldchillen
View Post

nice job..looked like fun. ive read how this case was difficult to wire manage.. good challenge.

You've read wrong. The case is extremly easy to wire manage. You must have read the antec 900 review instead. The only problem i had with cable managment is doing it through the back of the motherboard tray. The rounting was easy but closing the back lid was a real pain. It closed but it took like 3 min to actually close it. My friend and i had to hold the lid together to close it. Otherwise it's a very good case to work with.

Although It's VERY VERY heavy. I almost broke my back lifting it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts