Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have an old PC whose CPU I would like to overclock (for a perfomance boost in apps, lol). The CPU is a Pentium 4 Prescott 2.4 GHz (as said in the title), the gfx card is a Radeon 9550GE, 1.25 GB of DDR400 RAM running at 133 MHz, the HDD is a 80 GB WD (quite slow, probably the age :p), the only addon PCI card is a D-Link DWL-G520 Wi-Fi card, it has 2 ODD's and 1 FDD, a MS PRO-550ATX PSU and an ASRock P4i65G motherboard with the 2007 AMIBIOS. I know that both VCCM (RAM voltage) and VDDQ (chipset voltage I believe) must be both set to "High" and I know the tools required to test the OC success and overall system stability (I'll use CPU-Z, HWiNFO32 and 3DMark 2006 as this is an old PC), but I don't know the resulting frequency formula for my specific BIOS and when it's the right time to just stop. I believe an OC would make Firefox 52.6.0esr start much faster and respond much better, smoothen scrolling, and finally, LET ME INSTALL H264IFY (forces H264 on YT instead of VP8/VP9) WITHOUT FIREFOX FREEZING FIRST (sry 4 caps). Please help, because I want to speed the old piece of junk up to make it a good testing PC and software development lab (a single PC lab tho) without killing its CPU or maybe even the entire PC in the process!

(If you need something like an image of the BIOS' CPU options or CPU-Z w/ stock speeds, just ask! Don't be ashamed!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts