Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
well, ya mixed up the cache there lol, but celerons arent *AS powerful, but if you get a good overclock like i did with the 2.4, your not going to have any problems, and since the celerons have a smaller cache, they create less heat... well at least i think thats how it goes... but yeah, if you want some hardcore power, buy a P4, if you want a 987mhz overlclock under your belt, buy a celeron lol

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

well, ya mixed up the cache there lol, but celerons arent *AS powerful, but if you get a good overclock like i did with the 2.4, your not going to have any problems, and since the celerons have a smaller cache, they create less heat... well at least i think thats how it goes... but yeah, if you want some hardcore power, buy a P4, if you want a 987mhz overlclock under your belt, buy a celeron lol

Sorry, you are right I did mix up the L2 cache.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
It all boils down to cache. Cache is fast (read: expensive) RAM, and the lack of it hinders Celerons in all things but the most mundane tasks. Lower FSB further hurts performance (here again, in all but mundane tasks). You get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts