Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im getting my p5b d today and i want to make sure i setit up right (the first time)

now ill be running a raid 0 with 2x250 wd and was wondering to use the red slots or the 2 black slots that are provided (are all six of these controlled by the intel controller?)

and which ram slots do the best for ocing the black or the other ones

and at high fsb speeds does the southbridge cooler need a fan mod on it or does it do ok passivly

thanks for any info

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22
View Post

ok im getting my p5b d today and i want to make sure i setit up right (the first time)

now ill be running a raid 0 with 2x250 wd and was wondering to use the red slots or the 2 black slots that are provided (are all six of these controlled by the intel controller?)

and at high fsb speeds does the southbridge cooler need a fan mod on it or does it do ok passivly

thanks for any info

I set up two 320GB Barracudas in RAID 0 with one in a black connector and one in the red. I believe it shows up in location 0 and location 3..I can't remember. I think all six of those are controlled by the Intel controller. It's in the manual...somwhere.

As long as you put them in the A1, B1 slots or the A2 and B2 slots you'll be fine. Yellow and yellow or black and black.

I haven't heard of too many people putting extra southbridge fans on this board. I'm not sure.

Also, what size striping are you doing?

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

View Post

thanks for any info

OH MAN! EVGA JUST came out with the i680 based SLI mobo. Next generation...highly overclockable. Can you return that P5B?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188009

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

OH MAN! EVGA JUST came out with the i680 based SLI mobo. Next generation...highly overclockable. Can you return that P5B?

i saw that and i thought about it trust me, but i also am working on a budget and the only reason im going this route is because my am2 setup was giving me so many problems on phase i just gave up on it after about 3 months of fighting with it, so at the price right now i need to stick with what im getting (i would like to though and get the e6800 to go along with it )

and this is my gaming rig and i havnt played any games in about 5 days and im going a little scetchy not being able to frag stuff

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

View Post

i saw that and i thought about it trust me, but i also am working on a budget and the only reason im going this route is because my am2 setup was giving me so many problems on phase i just gave up on it after about 3 months of fighting with it, so at the price right now i need to stick with what im getting (i would like to though and get the e6800 to go along with it )

and this is my gaming rig and i havnt played any games in about 5 days and im going a little scetchy not being able to frag stuff

Yeah, that's reasonable. I'd like an e6800 as well

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188009
Chances are, someone who bought a P5B wa snot looking for the same features the 680i's offer

As for setting up your RAID.....the ports are all labeled on the board (and in the manual), use ports 1 and 2 (not sure of the color, follow the labels) to be sure there are no problems.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks thumper i figures it out at about 0400 am and got everything up and running (finally), probably the single hardest setup ive ever done but now i know it and its good to go, althought the black screen on my first install scared the crap out of me since i had just hooked everything up,

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC
View Post

Here Franken, read post # 105, 106 & 107. I'd say let's just wait and make a concrete solution after not so many people have these type of issues.

Just like the days when the nForce 4 was release, the reviews (paid reviews by nVidia BTW) were praising the nForce 4 and then came the time when the actual user end up having a horrible time with these things.

IMO, P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi FTW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts