Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just found out by reading some threads regarding other issues that you have to install a driver during XP install to enable AHCI for the P5B Deluxe SATA controller. I JUST installed it with SATA set to IDE mode.<br><br>
How should I proceed from here? Should I just start over again, do a Repair Installation (No programs or drivers installed yet), or just forget it? What's the speed benefit from AHCI vs IDE mode anyway?<br><br>
Thanks

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Hhhhmmmm, I am using RAID with mine now, but the first set up I did without RAID........I had no issues doing a standard install of Windows with a single 320GB SATA drive.<br><br>
Although when I go into my BOOT PRIORITY there is a 4th listing of a AHCI drive in addition to the single DVD ROM, Floppy, and Hard drive (RAID array).....haven't had time to mess with that yet as I am having some other difficulties with Windows corrupting.......wondering if I maybe have a bad drive or disc......will see if it's still there after I update to 0711 BIOS....<br><br>
Also the only AHCI Drivers that I see on the CD are for RAID.....<br><br><br>
Anyway, unless you are using RAID you shouldn't need to load any drivers just to use the SATA ports.......you said you already installed the OS, so is it working fine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts